Help please pedal wizards.

THE BANDTHE BAND Posts: 83
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just bought a Tubescreamer and love it. However since I used to have a shitty amp I bought overdrive pedals to help make the gain channel sound better. I was thinking about trading either a DS-1 or a SD 1 both made by Boss for a Peavey delta effects unit. I like both pedals but who else owns these pedals and which one should I trade in. I can't decide and i been playing them all day! which ones better and which one should I trade or should I even?
pic of the Peavey effect pedal
http://www.noiseguide.com/product_info/peavey_delta_stomp?SESSID=9834994febdad6ab8cae94051145ac0d
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• don't trade your pedals out.
    just by more of them.

:D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    +1
    Don't trade your pedals, that peavey doesn't have any OD in it.
    Have you even played the Peavey enough to warrant losing the other pedals.
    Is the Peavey a True Bypass pedal, or will it completely suck your tone dry?
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Mod the pedals, dude. That's what I did with BOTH of mine (the DS-1 and the SD-1). They're two of my favorite pedals now.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • THE BANDTHE BAND Posts: 83
    I am aware of the quality in both pedals and like using both but thought since they don't make the Peavey effect anymore it could pass me by. where did you take them to get mod jobs and what's the sound difference?
    THE BAND wrote:
    I am aware of the quality in both pedals and like using both but thought since they don't make the Peavey effect anymore it could pass me by. where did you take them to get mod jobs and what's the sound difference?
    My friend Mike did them in my basement (mainly because he's good with a soldering iron and I'm not). The DS-1 sounds so much more powerful...I actually get the Black Sabbath/Tony Iommi sound. With the SD-1, I get the "Stone Gossard" Ten/Vs. sound. If you go online and just type in "BOSS Ds-1 Mods" or "BOSS SD-1 Mods" you'll find a plethora of ideas. Just check out your options. I think moding both pedals cost my a whopping ten dollars at the end of the day.
  • THE BANDTHE BAND Posts: 83
    They only gets awesome reviews. I went to the shop and he was going to sell it to me for 60.00 he didn't have the adapter so I'm going to play it on monday.
    I still say mod the pedals before you buy some new overdrives...save your money for other types of effects or maybe even a tube amp...