Drunken covers

2»

Comments

• just out of interest......what guitar do you have?

and you have a great voice, is it the same when your sobre??
    Fuck The System
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    These were recorded with two guitars: my beloved black Schecter PT for the electric songs and a Takamine EF345ce for the acoustic.

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=3/8208153012.jpg&s=x10 and http://members.dodo.com.au/~quigs/Guitars%20and%20Amps.jpg (far right).
  • fucking hell man! how much did all that equpment cost ya?!?

and could you tell me everything you know about scheter(sorry if its spelt wrong!)
    Fuck The System
  • ok, i have a favor to ask...

i've been DYING to record vox on some PJ stuff...and i really do think i can pull it off...but i can't play shit all the way through on guitar.

would anyone be willing to lay a couple songs down sans vox and send me .mp3s?

i've been doing a lot of 311 lately (one of my other favorite bands), but seriously need to get some of the jam out.

tschmal@nc.rr.com if you're feeling generous.

'betterman' was damn good...i'm checking out the others now.

btw, if anyone is near raleigh, NC and wants to jam some jam sometime, i would absolutely be down.

thanks in advance (hopefully),
    -t.
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    maddrummer wrote:
    fucking hell man! how much did all that equpment cost ya?!?

and could you tell me everything you know about scheter(sorry if its spelt wrong!)

How much? Too much.

There's not a lot to say about Schecter anymore. They used to be a high quality, low volume replacement parts company in Dallas, from memory. Just Dave Schecter and Wayne Charvel (who went on to start Charvel guitars) in a garage. They then went on to make full custom-order guitars and moved to somewhere in California, I think. They had customers like Eddie Van Halen, David Gilmour, Lou Reed and Pete Townshend's guitar tech built him a bunch of guitars from Schecter parts, one of which we saw in Ed's hands during the 2000 tour. Tom Anderson (of the much-loved Anderson Guitars) got his start with Schecter, too.

Now, all the original gang have long since gone elsewhere, sold the name and Schecter guitars are being made in Korea by Cort. They still have a custom shop in L.A. but I don't know that they're any good.

There. That's everything I know about Schecter. Most of it's probably wrong.