I dont play often..

Sleight-Of-HandSleight-Of-Hand Posts: 57
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ive had a guitar for one year and a half, and whilst i enjoy playing basic songs as i am teaching myself, i dont practise half as much as i should. I play 2 days in row and then not for 2 weeks.

the thing is i think i know why- some people have fenders, others have les pauls- but mines a pretty low cost Encore strat, and i just dont feel like it sounds good or its "quality", to me it feels like a low budget starter guitar, and it puts me off playing.

so are Encore are seen as an OK company or are they generally good for low budget kids guitars sort of thing?

help would be appreciated, i may consider saving up for a fender strat.
I see the birds in the rain...

i know and i would not ever touch you, hold you, feel you ever... oh, never again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First ever show-Leeds Festival 25th Aug 2006.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    Ive had a guitar for one year and a half, and whilst i enjoy playing basic songs as i am teaching myself, i dont practise half as much as i should. I play 2 days in row and then not for 2 weeks.

the thing is i think i know why- some people have fenders, others have les pauls- but mines a pretty low cost Encore strat, and i just dont feel like it sounds good or its "quality", to me it feels like a low budget starter guitar, and it puts me off playing.

so are Encore are seen as an OK company or are they generally good for low budget kids guitars sort of thing?

help would be appreciated, i may consider saving up for a fender strat.
    do yourself a favore and buy a fender highway 1 strat.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Highway-One-Stratocaster?sku=512768
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • seanw1010 wrote:
    do yourself a favore and buy a fender highway 1 strat.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Highway-One-Stratocaster?sku=512768

Or a mexi strat. I would suggest a nice acoustic over either though.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Or a mexi strat. I would suggest a nice acoustic over either though.

lol thanks for suggestions, im gunna start saving and maybe get the rest paid for christmas. :)

whats the difference between an american and a mexican strat other than where theyre made?

i know and i would not ever touch you, hold you, feel you ever... oh, never again
  • Leo86Leo86 Posts: 165
    I started with an Encore strat, and they're not bad, but you're right the quality of sound is poor compared to Fender or Gibson. I now play a Gibson SG and think its fantastic.

I believe Mexican Fenders are cheaper in price than American Fenders, because they are made with cheaper parts, but are ideal for beginners like yourself, and I would think they are a lot better quality than an Encore. I've played a Mexican Fender Bass and it was great. As stated above, The Highway 1 might be a good option.
    Dublin 23/08/06
    Wembley 18/06/07
  • Leo86 wrote:
    I started with an Encore strat, and they're not bad, but you're right the quality of sound is poor compared to Fender or Gibson. I now play a Gibson SG and think its fantastic.

I believe Mexican Fenders are cheaper in price than American Fenders, because they are made with cheaper parts, but are ideal for beginners like yourself, and I would think they are a lot better quality than an Encore. I've played a Mexican Fender Bass and it was great. As stated above, The Highway 1 might be a good option.

thanks for the info.. cost is a big issue cause im 16 and dont have a job, so i guess ill get a mexican, i basically want something that i know is quality and will last etc! ill do some research into prices and that. :)

• Leo86Leo86 Posts: 165
    thanks for the info.. cost is a big issue cause im 16 and dont have a job, so i guess ill get a mexican, i basically want something that i know is quality and will last etc! ill do some research into prices and that. :)

No worries. If you can, I also think you'd be better having lessons. That way, you have something to work towards every week. That definately helped me.
    Dublin 23/08/06
    Wembley 18/06/07
  • Leo86 wrote:
    No worries. If you can, I also think you'd be better having lessons. That way, you have something to work towards every week. That definately helped me.
    funny you said that im sorting them out very soon, i realised that if i wanna get good i need someone to tell me all about theory and yeah ill have something to practise every week.