Left Handed Tabs?

Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Does anyone know of anywhere to get these.
I can't find any.
Please help
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• they're just like right-handed tabs 'cept you have to turn them upside down.
    1992 Lollapalooza Detroit
    1998 Cleveland
    2000 Columbus
    2004 Toledo
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    they're just like right-handed tabs 'cept you have to turn them upside down.

Yeah I know that.
    I'm only a beginner (1st day) and i can't think quickly enough to transfer them in my head
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Are you playing a right handed guitar? If not, tabs should be fine. If you are then tab will be just how you look at it on a computer screen.

The way stuff is tabbed out is high e on top,low e on bottom, just like you hold your guitar.

e
    b
    g
    d
    a
    e

I am right handed and play a right handed guitar so I flip the over and apply it to the fret board.

I hope thats not too hard to understand.
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Are you playing a right handed guitar? If not, tabs should be fine. If you are then tab will be just how you look at it on a computer screen.

The way stuff is tabbed out is high e on top,low e on bottom, just like you hold your guitar.

e
    b
    g
    d
    a
    e

I am right handed and play a right handed guitar so I flip the over and apply it to the fret board.

I hope thats not too hard to understand.

I've got a left handed guitar
  • Oz Jammer wrote:
    I've got a left handed guitar

than theres no problem, just play the tab like it states
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Tab is just numbers applied to musical notes.

If the tab has a number 12, fret the appropriate string just on the headstock side of the 12th fret.

e
    5--8
    b
    5--8
    g
    5--7
    d
    5--7
    a
    5--7
    E---5--8

That above should start on the E and end up on the e. (E)5,8(a)5,7(d)5,7(g)5,7(b)5,8(e)5,8 is the order you would play them.

Go left to right. If more than one note falls in a straight vertical line, they are played at the same time.

Here are a few open chords

G e--3 C e--3 F e---1
    b--3 b--1 b---1
    g--0 g--0 g---2
    d--0 d--2 d---3
    a--2 a--3 a---x
    E--3 E--x E---x