The Smokey Amp

TroyTroy Posts: 12
edited May 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey,

Has anyone got a Smokey Amp? I am curious how gigging one of these through a quad box would go?

Anyone used it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Only when a power tube shorted out and took a board with it!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Troy wrote:
    Hey,

Has anyone got a Smokey Amp? I am curious how gigging one of these through a quad box would go?

Anyone used it?

It works ok as a fuzz box. it actually has decent volume through a 4x12 but not really for a performance unless you are by yourself. It's fun but not really a performance amp.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    They have a deal where you can send in empty flip-top boxes for credit toward an amp. I hit up everyone I work with that smokes, and am sending off a box of emptys this week. They give you .25 credit per pack, so it comes to around 130 useable packs to get an amp, shipping and all.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.