Question for acoustic musicians...

scrapplescrapple Posts: 5
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am looking to get my band back together (we played 9 years ago, full band), but this time im looking to just do acoustic tunes at bars with one other musician. We plan on basically playing 60 songs, mostly outdoors on a deck.

My question is this:

What kind of setup would I need so that I could record drum tracks, bass tracks and piano tracks to songs we plan to play. For example, I want to do daughter.....

I was thinking I would just get a laptop, cakewalk sonar, a midi sequencer and a piano and just record the bass, drums and piano for all our songs... is this the logical step?
-=9=-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    personally,i think two people playing acoustics would be alot more powerful than playing over a backing track of other instruments.

all the same,it sounds like a fun gig,good luck with it.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    if your gonna be playing acoustic (or electro acoustic)with or without backing tracks then one thing you`ll definately be needing is at least one stage wedge monitor.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    I've seen a guy playing in a bar by himself with backtracks.
    He was a great guitar player, but the backtracks made it sound cheezy.

Are your acoustics set up for plugging in?