listen to this, tell me what you think

awakeawake Posts: 35
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• leethalleethal Posts: 134
    The music is really, really good.I think its spot on. Unfortunately, the vocals really let the overall sound down.

You may completely disagree and i would understand why, but even though the singer is singing EV songs he should not try to sound like Eddie (does that make sense).He can obviously stay in key which is a good thing, but anyone that fakes a baritone sounds really taccy (Only my opinion, see Scott Stapp). So my constructive critcism would be to remain in key but sing with your own voice. Really relax your voice. If you feel like you need to sound more vedderish try and sound more like he does this current tour. He himself has toned down the baritone for a more natural sound.

Again the music is fantastic; and im trying to be constructive. The singer has talent but he would soon so much better if he sounded more natural.
  • WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    awake wrote:

Sounds great! I sort of agree with the vocals point made by prev poster, but since you are a PJ tribute band, then I guess the point is to try and sound like Eddie, and that ain't easy. Really good job!
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    I'm sure you've posted here before and I'm sure I said much the same thing then, but you've gotta lose that singer. None of us are Eddie Vedder, many of us try, usually by inserting "r"s into words that don't otherwise have them, eg. "I terk a drairve todayr, tihrme to ehrmancipayrt". Doesn't work. Chances are, he'll sound more like Ed if he stops trying to sound like Ed.
  • *Boy*Boy Posts: 112
    wow i really hope for the guy who started this isn't the singer....

i don't have speakers at work so i won't judge
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not ~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same ~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~

~chaka boom chak -Tom Waits~
  • biffhardon wrote:
    I'm sure you've posted here before and I'm sure I said much the same thing then, but you've gotta lose that singer. None of us are Eddie Vedder, many of us try, usually by inserting "r"s into words that don't otherwise have them, eg. "I terk a drairve todayr, tihrme to ehrmancipayrt". Doesn't work. Chances are, he'll sound more like Ed if he stops trying to sound like Ed.

sound: 9/10
    voice: 7/10

Just quit slurring the words with r's, he will sound badass if he quits that. All in all, it's a good tribute band.
    "I believe everybody should have a room where they get rid of all their releases. So my room was a stage."
    - Jimi Hendrix

"I thought I'd do something nice for the band... I'll hang myself."
    - Jason Newsted, Metallica
  • awakeawake Posts: 35
    tharnks ferr all the constrrructirve crrriticisrm :)

some good points have been made, I will pass it on to our singer
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    He sounds like David Bowie trying to sound like Eddie Vedder.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    He sounds like David Bowie trying to sound like Eddie Vedder.

hmmmmm... I wonder what Eddie Vedder would sound like, trying to sound like David Bowie
    just so no one gets frustrated, we changed the site, so the music plays in the background on all pages, but that dumped the link above.

so if you want to listen go here http://www.pjtribute.com

thanks.
    ignore above post, I found out how to edit the link in the original post
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    Sounds like the Crashtest dummies covering PJ.

Music is very good and the singer sounds great....at times. When he tries too hard is when I wait for the mmmm mmmm mmmm mmmm to kick in.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?