Amp/Cab/Effects

TrilocoTriloco Posts: 95
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
If u have presets or configurations about Pearl Jam Amp/Cab/Effects please share it.

thanks,
Trilok.

PS: I have a Line 6 Pod XT Live.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Triloco wrote:
    If u have presets or configurations about Pearl Jam Amp/Cab/Effects please share it.

thanks,
    Trilok.

PS: I have a Line 6 Pod XT Live.

Too vague, input will never help unless you have the exact same rig as someone else.... and you did not post your full rig. And more importantly, they play many differant tonal variaions, which song are you aiming for.

single coils/humbuckers
    rosewood body/alder body/maple cap?
    fender scale/gibson scale/PRS scale
    tubes/solid state
    fender/marshall/other?
    effects?

If you want PJ tone, buy the same PJ gear as they do. If you do not have the cash (like everyone else)...... trial and error.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • Too rich Answer........... and feasible of course........
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Triloco wrote:
    Too rich Answer........... and feasible of course........

Go with one of the modern marshall models JCM 900 would be the most accurate, I'm not sure if that unit has effect models or not but some kind of fat midrange pedal like a Tubescreamer that would be good. Then you're in the ball park for the majority of songs. Keep the gain at about half and the channel volume up high set the EQ to your ear what sounds right and you'll be in the ball park, then go get you a wah.

If it has a Bogner Shiva model (NOT XTC) that's a good one. The Budda's and the Matchless models also sound good on the XT live. Play around with stuff, sometimes you can get good tone from other patches. If you can chain more than one od pedal patch toegther like tubescreamer and fuzz or tubescreamer and distortion, try that out. My buddy and I got some great tones out of an XT live one afternoon through a Deluxe Reverb but it sounds best through a very clean PA.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.