Options

Hate to say it but I think 2008 will be a quiet year...

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
edited June 2008 in The Porch
it just seems like it will be, it doesnt seem like they will be touring any more than what has been announced and with a new vedder on the way they probably will all be home with their families alot this year.

sucks big time
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    it just seems like it will be, it doesnt seem like they will be touring any more than what has been announced and with a new vedder on the way they probably will all be home with their families alot this year.

sucks big time

I'm hitting up four shows so I couldn't disagree more
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Not hittin any shows. Stayin close to home to see Foo Fighters and STP! If they get close (other than the Roo) I'll be there.
    I agree tho... Might be a quiet year outside of the east coast.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    Let's see...

2004: 1 show
    2005: no shows
    2006: no shows
    2007: no shows
    2008: 3 shows!!!!!

It's a VERY good year for me!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941

sucks big time

what more do you want from them?!?!?!??they have been touring like mad the last 3 years. get in the studio, record, get the record out, be rested for another world tour 2010 and watch it go to fire.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    eddie solo tour, bonnaroo, east coast tour, the vh1 who thing, working on a new album..

there have been much quieter years than this.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    what more do you want from them?!?!?!??they have been touring like mad the last 3 years. get in the studio, record, get the record out, be rested for another world tour 2010 and watch it go to fire.

not really. They really dont tour all that much. Compare them with the dylan's or stones or the dead or bruce or whoever. they all tour more than pj.

what I would like is to see the long rumoured seattle show happen. that would be a start
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    A couple more Eddie dates and to continue working on the new album and I'm satisfied. If not then at least I'm getting to see them once.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I am perfectly happy to see them 4 times this tour!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    How is:

a) in the studio making new songs for a new album
    b) practicing old songs for a tour
    c) playing almost 15 tour dates on the east coast, and
    d) Eddie playing a handful of gigs on the west coast

a quiet year?
  • Options
    not really. They really dont tour all that much.

you cant be serious. think of what they have since 05!!!!! they have barely had anytime off, when you think about it.

the 05 tour started at the

GORGE SEPT 1 2005

LAST SHOW THEY PLAYED was

LOLLA AUG 5 2007

thats almost exactly two years. in those two years they played 131 shows.

365 days a yearx2 = 730 days

730divide by 131 = 5.5 days.

THATS ONE SHOW EVERY 5.5 DAYS FOR TWO YEARS STRAIGHT on average. and they put out a record in that time

in 04 it was a small tour for vfc, the year before that was the MASSIVE 03 tour.

they dont tour that often? HA! bullshit. they are workhorses.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424

You know what? I just had a revelation!

I bet the new album will build on the "go to fire" in 2010 theme. And the tour will be called the "Go to Fire tour."

EDIT: In fact, the new album will be called "In Flames."
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    MattyJoe wrote:
    You know what? I just had a revelation!

I bet the new album will build on the "go to fire" in 2010 theme. And the tour will be called the "Go to Fire tour."

EDIT: In fact, the new album will be called "In Flames."

would be cool if they acknowledged that line for sure!
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    and with a new vedder on the way
    Source? :) Just curious (because it's human nature to be curious!)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    It's a fact. Heard it in a few places, but we can't be discussing that in here :)

There is also a very strong possibility of EV east coast solo dates in September, which would just make this already quiet year even quieter :)
    I was kinda hoping for an answer in a PM :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    BeerBaron wrote:
    It's a fact. Heard it in a few places, but we can't be discussing that in here :)

There is also a very strong possibility of EV east coast solo dates in September, which would just make this already quiet year even quieter :)

September would be pretty bad timing given some of the facts discussed previously IMO
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I know it would. But I don't make up the tour rumours, I just pass them along :)

tru...:)

still even if there isnt an EV tour on the East Coast I would call 2008 ANYTHING but a quiet year for usre...
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    BeerBaron wrote:

Why is that so 'secret?'
    He said it himself at one of the US show (about telling Sean PEnn etc..).
    and several people saw Jill, in LA notably.

I mean we discussed it aplenty when Stone and Mike were expecting, so why not for Ed?
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    We aren't supposed to discuss the private lives of the band members on the board. I don't make up the rules, but those are the rules.
    See, now, I didn't know it was previous PUBLIC knowledge. When the person in question has already publicly spoken of the subject, it's hardly private anymore.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Why are people here on the East Coast so obsessed with getting an Eddie solo tour? We're already getting a Pearl Jam tour with MSG. I think that more than makes up for a lack of an Eddie tour.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Why are people here on the East Coast so obsessed with getting an Eddie solo tour? We're already getting a Pearl Jam tour with MSG. I think that more than makes up for a lack of an Eddie tour.

word
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    I smell a Brige School performance coming .... Ed having to cancel last year, I think it'll happen ... taking a few days for a good cause ....

pure speculation.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    MattyJoe wrote:

Because it's Eddie Vedder. I'm not into going to acoustic live shows, but there's no one I'd rather see than Eddie with a guitar and Luke by his side.
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I'm hitting up four shows so I couldn't disagree more

DITTO
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Pegasus wrote:
    Why is that so 'secret?'
    He said it himself at one of the US show (about telling Sean PEnn etc..).

I think he was referring to telling folks about his daughter...in 2003...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    prince119prince119 Posts: 104
    Weather they "tour enough" or not, is completely a matter of geography and perspective.

I live in Seattle and have not seen them since the last Gorge show.

They tour alot so I have to expect they are not going to play my living room every day, but if they are playing your living room 5 times this year, they are perfect.

Don't be swayed by your own good fortune or your own perspective. Look at the facts and be analytical as opposed to emotional. Emotion only ruins opinions.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    after this pearl jam tour and july 1 at the beacon,

there are 3 giants stadium springsteen with the e streeters july 27- 31st .

then we will get some quiet time, even if only a few short months,.,,.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    it's only quiet if you choose to keep it quiet they are there you just have to go to them like everyone else does when they wan't to rock out :D ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Then you stay at home and give the rest of us a better chance at getting tickets. Works for me.

What's with all the "staying home" around here?
    -Reagan
  • Options
    ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    not really. They really dont tour all that much. Compare them with the dylan's or stones or the dead or bruce or whoever. they all tour more than pj.

agree, it's a quiet year outside of the east coast