easy Pearl jam song

mad22mad22 Posts: 82
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi guys, i wanted to ask you, wich is the most easy pearl jam song to learn to play? i learning guitar and i'd love to play some jam...

thanks
Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I managed to learn the chord progression and rhythm to Elderly Woman at my first guitar lesson. Thats a start.
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    mad22 wrote:
    Hi guys, i wanted to ask you, wich is the most easy pearl jam song to learn to play? i learning guitar and i'd love to play some jam...

thanks

The first PJ song I learned was driftin.
    The Chords are G, C and D. Thats it.
    Thin Air is easy too.
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Not for You, RVM, Betterman, Alive, MFC, Immortality, Tremor Christ, Wishlist, Satan's Bed, Small Town.

*Some NON-PJ songs

Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young)
    I Believe in Miracles (Ramones)
    Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones)
    Should I Stay or Should I Go (The Clash)
    I Fought the Law (The Clash)
    London Calling (The Clash)
    Come As You Are (Nirvana)
    Polly (Nirvana)

Hope that helps! :)

Juli
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Not for You, RVM, Betterman, Alive, MFC, Immortality, Tremor Christ, Wishlist, Satan's Bed, Small Town.

*Some NON-PJ songs

Rockin' in the Free World (Neil Young)
    I Believe in Miracles (Ramones)
    Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones)
    Should I Stay or Should I Go (The Clash)
    I Fought the Law (The Clash)
    London Calling (The Clash)
    Come As You Are (Nirvana)
    Polly (Nirvana)

Hope that helps! :)

Juli
    i wouldnt say alive is that easy...

all4
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Long Road, is the first song i learned.

Nort for you and the intro to Corduroy are good and quick to learn
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i wouldnt say alive is that easy...

all4

Well.... definetly NOT the solo :p But the Verses are pretty easy imho, though the chorus I would say is a bit harder :)

♪ Juli ♪
    Long Road, is the first song i learned.

Nort for you and the intro to Corduroy are good and quick to learn

Yeah, the intro to Corduroy is one of the first things I learned :D Pretty easy. Also the lil' DTE solo (the part with the "admire me....")

♪ Juli ♪
  • mad22mad22 Posts: 82
    oh god, thank you so much, corduroy is the one!!!
    Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    another wee easy bit is in the song "insignificance" where it goes "de de dah dah de de dah dah... dahdahdahdahdahdahdah" very easy and very similar to corduroy!

yes and the wee stoney riff in Evolution which is good, although it takes a bit of shifting fingers... i thought chord-wise that OffHeGoes is pretty straight forward... F, C, Am kinda thingy, pretty nice to strum along to :cool:

the bit in corduroy where he sings "i would rather starve than eat your bread" is pretty "easy" to play along to also :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    mad22 wrote:
    oh god, thank you so much, corduroy is the one!!!

Hey! I just realized you're from Argentina :) I'm from there too :p though I live in Florida. In that case, another easy song you should try is "De Musica Ligera" by Soda Stereo :D Very easy song. It's pretty much C, D, and A if I remember well :) and then the little solo, which by the way is very easy too :D

Rock on! :cool:

Juli

♪ Juli ♪
  • mad22mad22 Posts: 82
    Lol, I'll try that, thanks Pearl_Juli, any song from "Los Redondos"?

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Well.... definetly NOT the solo :p But the Verses are pretty easy imho, though the chorus I would say is a bit harder :)
    id say the chorus is the easiest, by far. All it is is E G D A (for the most part). The intro and the verses are the hardest, not to mention the solo. But I do agree with most of the ones you mentioned. If I had to add to that list, I would say: (all without solos, if they have them)

Parting Ways
    Footsteps
    Corduroy
    Indifference
    Long Road
    I am mine
    Hard to Imagine

I am sure there are more, just cant think of them off the top of my head...

all4
    mad22 wrote:
    Lol, I'll try that, thanks Pearl_Juli, any song from "Los Redondos"?

I haven't learned any song by Los Redondos yet :p I'm sure there are a few easy ones. Just do a search for the songs and their tabs, there's gotta be at least one Redondos song that's easy to play :) lol

Good luck! :D

Peace & LoVe,

Juli

♪ Juli ♪
  • Corduroy and Indifference are the easiest songs to play IMO.
    Also, try Untitled.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • All those yesterdays is a nice slow, easy picking pattern.
    It doesn't matter if you're male, female, or confused; black, white, brown, red, green, yellow; gay, lesbian; redneck cop, stoned; ugly; military style, doggy style; fat, rich or poor; vegetarian or cannibal; bum, hippie, virgin; famous or drunk-you're either an asshole or you're not!

-C Addison
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    elderly woman is your best bet to start

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99