capo ...capo ! ... capo ???

sandozsandoz Posts: 166
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i've always think that a chord can be played at different place on the neck...
you can often find the sound you want at 2 different places...
When i 've tried to play "marker in the sand" with what i have found on GtW, i was thinking "mais bordel, quels cons à Given to wail ! chier! merde!"... and i 've continue to play this song with my version (somewhere here).
But today, (HA! i'm damned stupid) i have see the little, but very important, anotation "capo 3" ... whatthatfuckingthingis ?? ... but i know now (what is a capo, and i have see again the SNL video) , and i 'm gonna to buy one right now!!
But can you tell me why use this ? you can play these chords elsewhere, right ? ok mike plays with a capo, but if you don't have it, what do you fuckin do.?

(ps :GtW (evanC and rickP) you make a really fucking good job for all the worldwide pj players).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sandoz wrote:
    i've always think that a chord can be played at different place on the neck...
    you can often find the sound you want at 2 different places...
    When i 've tried to play "marker in the sand" with what i have found on GtW, i was thinking "mais bordel, quels cons à Given to wail ! chier! merde!"... and i 've continue to play this song with my version (somewhere here).
    But today, (HA! i'm damned stupid) i have see the little, but very important, anotation "capo 3" ... whatthatfuckingthingis ?? ... but i know now (what is a capo, and i have see again the SNL video) , and i 'm gonna to buy one right now!!
    But can you tell me why use this ? you can play these chords elsewhere, right ? ok mike plays with a capo, but if you don't have it, what do you fuckin do.?

(ps :GtW (evanC and rickP) you make a really fucking good job for all the worldwide pj players).

i guess it just makes a song more versatile to put it in a different key, plus uneployable is easier to play with a capo rather than just bar chords all the while

leeds 26/08/06....electric
    paris 11/09/06.....crushed...but estatic
    wembley 18/06/07.....oh yes

'listen...you can hear the sustain...you just hold that note and you can go get a bite whilst its still going'

the legend , nigel tufnell
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    wooo... this capo will change my play ! no more desachord-match-(?) or alternativ chords to do. Great times to come... after i 'll be able to play more GtW tab.

thanks for your response, i've begin to think "hmm, these guys are not amateurs (chords, technics, and all) and they don't really have the time for your stupid question".
  • evenflowevenflow Posts: 401
    The capo just gives you the opportunity to "move" the nut (that sounds funny :0) . It gives you more freedom to move around the neck while staying in a higher pitch. It also lets you make open chords in a higher tune. True you can barre them, but it helps give them a more open sound, instead of the bottom heavy barre sound.

You could live without a capo, but it's just a tool to make life easier.
    It's all about the music...

http://www.myspace.com/christianjame (Music Page)

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/19598996 (Personal Page)
  • sandozsandoz Posts: 166
    yes i could live without, but i think that after, i couldnt no more live without.
    yes, i gonna move the nut !!