Options

blues jr

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://cgi.ebay.com/fender-blues-jr_W0QQitemZ200045543020QQihZ010QQcategoryZ38074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw this while browsing today and I thought it might be interesting. Missing its speaker though, so the real questions are,

1. How difficult would it be to install the speaker myself?
2. Would it be worth it for $100 + the cost of a new speaker?
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, it's going to go for more than $100 for sure.

a new speaker is pretty simple. may not even need to solder anything assuming the speaker plug and cable are still there. if not, still not a big deal. 4 connections at most, less with crimp on connections to the speaker.

missing a speaker is almost an opportunity rather than a detriment.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Novawind wrote:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/fender-blues-jr_W0QQitemZ200045543020QQihZ010QQcategoryZ38074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Saw this while browsing today and I thought it might be interesting. Missing its speaker though, so the real questions are,

1. How difficult would it be to install the speaker myself?
    2. Would it be worth it for $100 + the cost of a new speaker?

it's probably not difficult at all. I simply wonder....why no speaker?

you should simply be able to remove a few screws and pull out the chassis then take the speaker out and drop the new one in. (It's ridiculously simple on the Orange, I can't imagine it's that much more difficult on the BJR's.

If you spend 100, the new speaker will also cost you between 75 and 100 or so. So that's 200 bucks plus shipping plus hassle.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.