power question

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Having taken a physics class in electricity, I'm naturally skeptical about daisy chains and attaching pedals to a power supply not specifically designed for them. Does it matter if I hook up either a boss or dunlop 9V power supply to a Daisy chain, and all different types (Boss, Rocktron, MXR, etc.) to the Daisy Chain? Didn't know if the individual current draws on the pedals affected the distribution of electricity in the chain. Thanks!
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Novawind wrote:
    Having taken a physics class in electricity, I'm naturally skeptical about daisy chains and attaching pedals to a power supply not specifically designed for them. Does it matter if I hook up either a boss or dunlop 9V power supply to a Daisy chain, and all different types (Boss, Rocktron, MXR, etc.) to the Daisy Chain? Didn't know if the individual current draws on the pedals affected the distribution of electricity in the chain. Thanks!

it shouldnt matter, just make sure you take a look at how many milliamps its putting out and see what polarity it is (it will either say + or -) look on the pedals, it will say the recomended ma and polarity.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19