Options

Boss Pedals

2»

Comments

• Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    BinFrog wrote:
    The best position is the one you figure out that has the sound you are going for. There is no right or wrong.
    oh, don't be snob: saying like this is like if you go to a guitar tutorial and your teacher tells you "there's nothing like chords: there's just the sound you are going for"..... of course if you're hendrix then you can invent... but maybe you can ask for some basics, at the beginning...
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    BinFrog wrote:
    http://www.mindspring.com/~j.blackstone/

Warning: it's the greatest overdrive pedal ever.

And how much did you pay for this?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    Puck78 wrote:
    oh, don't be snob: saying like this is like if you go to a guitar tutorial and your teacher tells you "there's nothing like chords: there's just the sound you are going for"..... of course if you're hendrix then you can invent... but maybe you can ask for some basics, at the beginning...

I'm not being a snob. I was trying to give honest advice. You can learn chords and scales and theory. But to ask what setting you should use on a distortion pedal makes no sense. Tweak the knobs (hey, it's a DS-1, there's 2 and a volume knob) and find the tone that works for you. There's no 1-size-fits-all setting. I hardly think that's snobby advice.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    And how much did you pay for this?

I got it used for something like $160.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    OthersiderOthersider Posts: 19
    I've used and loved several Boss pedals, but I stopped using all of them when I got a GT-6, which I now can't live without. I still use my Dunlop Crybaby, though. :D
  • Options
    I still can't make the jump to multi-fx.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    OthersiderOthersider Posts: 19
    I still can't make the jump to multi-fx.
    What's holding you back?
  • Options
    I change my mind a lot, and my board constantly evolves. Plus I don't like messing with all the stuff. I don't like menus, and I like the pedal to be the effect, and thats it if it makes sense.
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    Sounds like some differing opions on the overdrive and distortion. Some like the BD-2 sound quit well, then that Monkey one, then Blackstone. Hmmm, hard to decide which is best. Several don't like the Sd-1 though sound like, keep that in mind. Maybe i misinterpreted, but seems like overdrive is favored over distortion, I know they are different to some degree, but that is what I think I read.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    Othersider wrote:
    I've used and loved several Boss pedals, but I stopped using all of them when I got a GT-6, which I now can't live without. I still use my Dunlop Crybaby, though. :D
    Crybaby will never go out of your rotation once you get it (unless you get one you like better ;) )
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"