Danelectro

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone tried some of these little guys? I know they're pretty cheap, but really how much can you get out of them for your money? Anyone had good/bad experiences with them? I was thinking about getting the Chili Dog Octave and/or the Hash Browns Flanger.

Edit: I'm not an effects-maniac (yet) so this would mostly be for the purpose of experimentation.
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the chicken salad vibrato and tuna melt tremolo are said to be diamonds. the one that is the octave up fuzz, i forget the name, is supposed to be a pretty close clone of the old foxx tone machine ($$$$$).

also, i've read a few kudo's for the "fab" series they have out now too.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I bought a hash browns flanger for fun. It's ok. They are fun for the money, but obviously leave you wanting a bit more sometimes, some people rebox them, but for the money, you really can't beat them. I haven't tried many of the gain boosting effects. I would like to try the octave up. As sloppy as I am, it dosen't make sense to spend 300 bucks on an octave fuzz.

I think the old metal case fab tone distortion is excellent.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I had them, then eventually replaced them with Boss. I haven't looked back.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    I think the old metal case fab tone distortion is excellent.

my very first pedal. i even bought a 2nd one a while back.

and it still sounded terrible :D

the dan-echo and the cool cat chorus were ok though.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    exhausted wrote:
    my very first pedal. i even bought a 2nd one a while back.

and it still sounded terrible :D

the dan-echo and the cool cat chorus were ok though.

:D yeah, the dan echo was a pretty good pedal, still too freaking bright.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I got the impression when screwing around that the small cheap plastic ones are that. You get what you paid for. There more expensive stuff the Daddy-O overdrive etc. all were descent. The big tape echo is pretty bad ass, if your into the rockabilly thing or anything like that.

The guitars and bass's they recreated in the early 90's are bad ass too. I have a DC, that I love, I've switch to an adjustable bridge, but still love it. A DC bass from back then is next.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/