Wahs

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I might be getting a Crybaby (95Q perhaps?) and I was wondering about the power requirements. Do wahs as a general rule require more power than other pedals? Right now I'm just running my DS-1 and Phase 90 through a daisy chain, connected to a Boss PSA adaptor. Curious if I could safely plug in the wah with the daisy chain (Don't worry, it will reach it) and still get enough power for all the pedals from the same 200 mA adaptor. Otherwise I could just a separate adaptor. I don't really have enough pedals to merit a power supply brick or anything.
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    unless it's one of the models that takes 18V (the 535Q does or used to anyway) you'll be fine.

a battery lasts a long time in a wah so it's not sucking much current.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    The only pedal I have thats ever needed the battery replaced in the past year was my AD-9 Delay. And that was just once.
  • The only problem with dunlop wah's is that most 9v ends don't fit in the hole because the socket is set about a quarter inch back behidn the casing. SO you need a very slim "male end" to ensure a secure connection or else it will fall out if you play to agressivly and a very star wars liek sound will pop in, then you lose yoru signal. If yoru daisy chain doen'st fit, you can shave/file the plastic down untill it does, this is safe, just make sure that no metal hits the casing or it will ground out awkwardly. what i did was slice in an end that fit good.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19