patch cable dilemma

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok so here's my cable situation:

I'm in the process of building a pedalboard, which will have a permanent input jack which I can connect via a small patch cable to the first effect, and the all the rest of the effects. Likewise the last effect will connect via a small patch cable to a permanent "out" jack mounted on the pedalboard which I will hook up to the amp. I've got the layout I want, and I'm building the wood frame tomorrow. The only part that's bothering me is the electronics/cables to use. Currently I have a monster cable (S-100, decent) from guitar to effects, little metal phone couplers between effects, and a kinda cheapo cable from effects to amp.

I read all the FAQs on lavacable.com and frankly I don't know what I need. A lot of the patch cables on musiciansfriend seem cheap and flimsy and I don't know if I want to shell out $60 for a set of George L's that I've heard mixed reviews about.

Any of you guys have a cable setup that you swear by?
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't know exactly what you are saying but I use livewire cables and then to connect pedals, my friend made his own cables from a set. Just solder two male ende and it should work. This also cuts down on crackling and breakage. Hopefully this helps. Theres are patch cords sets out there,
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • yeah i was mixed about my george l's when i first bought them, but i think they are good and i have no trouble with them now, so i'd recommend them.