Online Ripoffs

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Don't worry Michael (?ing my education), this has nothing to do with our deal! :D

Just browsing online and I came across this site:

http://www.guitarton.com/

They claim to be selling Gibson Les Pauls, SGs, and what look like Strats and Teles for anywhere between $160 and $240. I'm calling bullshit. The pictures look legit (like they're of real guitars) but I'm thinking there's absolutely no way you're getting a real Gibson or Fender for these prices. Just a warning to stay away from this site if for some reason you think you're getting a "deal" there.
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if one can't tell they're knockoffs, one probably doesn't care if they're knockoffs.

unless one is just really dumb.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Looking at some of the Strat necks on there it's quite obvious they're fake. The Gibson's not so much, but all I can say is you get what you pay for in most cases (this being one of them).

I will say that if you wanted a guitar to smash on stage (and resultantly waste $200+ on a copy), this website will provide you with top-notch service.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    This shit is everywhere. People are getting caught though. The guys in my usual shop has seen some brougth in by people who thought they had bought the real thing.

Trouble is, we are programmed to believe what we want to be true, so nice people are sucked in by this crap.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • CaptainSpaz91CaptainSpaz91 Posts: 266
    its always a suspicious thing when they take Western Union. haha
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"