Ever surprise yourself?

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited July 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I never considered myself a Tele man, I just don't really find the look appealing and I associate them with country (not too big on country).

But low and behold I was in my local guitar shop today, saw a Squier Tele and figured what the hell, I may as well try it. I'll be damned if it didn't play and sound awesome, considering it's a $200 low-end guitar.

Guess I have to give Tele owners some credit, I think I can start to see where you guys are coming from.
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Good guitars!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i surprised myself today by successfully performing true bypass surgery on an old big muff.

i think the last piece of gear that really surprised me was my valve junior. i was expecting it to be just ok but, ever since i got the cabinet for it, i find i use it more and more.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Violet Love ( Gretsch)suprised me the most.

I'm not sure actually what I was thinkning when I bought her, other than .............mmmmmmmmm pretty, an dthe thought of having a quiet guitar to play upstairs.

But holy fuck, doe she have some tone, and more versatility than pretty much anything else, including my Les Paul

Sustain is lacking, but everything else is truly superlative !!

and still pretty !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.