in the mail

NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've got my new Boss DD-20 coming next week, and I'm really excited to try it out. I have a Boss DD-6 also, which works great but the DD-20 does all that and more. So I may not need my DD-6 anymore, just curious if anyone on here might be in the market for a delay pedal. It's got minor cosmetic damage, just small scratches from normal use. Works perfectly though. If you need pictures, just let me know and I'll take some.

I've dealt with Mike (?ing my education) on here, bought a guitar from him so if you need a reference I'm sure he'll vouch for me. If you're interested reply here or PM me and let me know. Thanks!
If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
7/10/06 LA 2
10/21/06 Bridge 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    no interest?

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • How much...I'm strapped for cash at the moment but depending how much...I might get it.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
    I could let it go for $100 shipped and paypal'd.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Haha....I'll vouch for you Nova. A solid guy.
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    well, if you liked the DD-6, you'll love the DD-20.

i now have a DL4 again but I can't let go of the DD-20. the juiciest features of the DD-20 can't be done with the DL4 and vice versa.

the DD-20 is definitely the cleaner, more behaved pedal.
    Great to hear. What really sold me was the Sound-on-Sound. I know there are 4 phrases and the manual slot, but how much actual recording time is there, either total or per phrase?

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    the sound on sound is limited to a 23 second loop. i don't actually think you can save an loops at all. the slots are all for delay settings.

you'd need one of the RC-xx pedals to actually save loops.

the DL4's looper is better.
  • exhausted wrote:
    the sound on sound is limited to a 23 second loop. i don't actually think you can save an loops at all. the slots are all for delay settings.

"The DL4's loop IS better..."
    (in voice of pro golfer from Happy Gilmore "Grizzly Adam's DID have a beard...")

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
    exhausted wrote:

Ah so I have to have the pedal on to save the loops. So say I wanted to turn off delay for a part of the song, it will erase the loop too? Or can I leave the pedal on but just turn off the delay for a bit.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    Novawind wrote:
    Ah so I have to have the pedal on to save the loops. So say I wanted to turn off delay for a part of the song, it will erase the loop too? Or can I leave the pedal on but just turn off the delay for a bit.

as i understand it, in SOS mode, you can record your loop and it'll hum along happily until you press the left pedal to stop it. then you can start it again with the left pedal. press and hold the left pedal to overdub.

then, you can set the right pedal to turn the delay on and off. apparently. you'll have to check the manual. i've not tried it. but in SOS mode, i don't think you can access all your memory preset delays.
    I'll spend a whole day tinkering with it when it comes, I'll figure it out.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • So I got my DD-20, does pretty much everything I need it to and more so the DD-6 is probably on the way out. Did anybody want to take me up on it. Sorry for the slow reply, I've been on vacation. Thanks!

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1