New amp - but problems...

tdubtdub Posts: 226
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just picked up a Marshall AVT 150 HX head with a B-52 4x12 cab. I have always used a Korg Toneworks 1000 digital effects pedal. however, when i plug in this pedal to the marshall head and 'bypass' the pedal (signal running thru the pedal, but the pedal is in 'bypass' mode, meaning no effects are turned on) i significantly lose power. in other words, if the master volume is at 5 with me plugged directly into the amp i can rattle the walls. however, if i have my guitar plugged into my pedal and have the pedal in 'bypass' mode, it's barely loud at all.

obviously, with the pedal not in bypass mode (ie effects turned on) i have a digital volume switch, where i compensate for the lost power. i'd like to bypass my pedal from time to time to use the built-in effects, but am losing lots of power. help!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hmmnn, I just had a similar experience, losing a bit of poewr, not lots. I had just put a patch cable in teh series connection, so I wonder if it was that.
    I just plugged strainght in, but I need to change that cable , see if it was teh problem. Check your cables, short is much better than long, and a crappy one will suck power out of your signal, which at that stage is very weak remember.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • ehm

There's certain things you can do
    1) change the pedal battery or use a power cable to the pedal
    2) if you are running it from the input, run it through the effects loop....if running through the effects loop, run it from the input
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore