Line6 Settings for Yellow Ledbetter

facemaskfacemask Posts: 6
edited June 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have a line6 spider III and was wondering if anyone knows how to get a sound close to what M.McCreedy uses in the recording on the Jermey single, i would REALLY appreciate it.

i havent been able to get a sound similar to it on the spider III that i like. i use a mexican strat (also have an epihpone les paul) ... so im hoping all i have to do is find a good setting.

appreciate the help. if you've dialed in settings for any other PJ songs, like Given to Fly or anything else, that would be appreciated too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    Hi,

My son has a spider III, so I think I can remember something that may get you in the ball park. First, on your strat, use the neck pickup. He has the little 15 watter, with only four amp models. If yours is the same, use channel A, which is the clean channel. If you have the 12 amp model version, use either the blue or amber clean. I think the blue channel will be a bit more chimey. Set the gain to about 1:00, treble 1:00, bass 11:00, mids about 9:00, and presence to about 1:00. Add just a touch of the chorus/flanger (I would like it more, if it was just chorus), and some reverb to taste. HTH.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • facemaskfacemask Posts: 6
    thanks. i got the 75-watt model...no blue or amber lights. the amp model knob led turns red for a setting, then turn a little more on that setting and it turns red. so im guessing maybe blue is my red and amber is my green?

anyways, i'll try it out. as for channel A, there are 4 channels to store settings...my A wont be the same as yours. unless you are using one of the predefined settings? if you are and you remember the name of that setting, let me know!

i wish the chorus was mixed with the flanger as well...tough to get a nice clean chorus sound.
  • westsidepiewestsidepie Posts: 627
    I have a spider valve, so it is not too different than the 75w spider. On mine, each amp model has two settings, but the lights are blue and amber. On yours, you are right they are red and green. Use Clean red for the settings I listed. You could also try Twang Red, but you may have to cut the gain down to about 11:00. If your strat has stock MIM pickups, you may be able to go higher without introducing distortion. Try those and let me know how they work. You could also try the tone library at the line 6 website.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth