Starting PJ Covers Band - Auck, NZ

FactIGotTwoFactIGotTwo Posts: 14
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi everyone,

I'm a 25 year old guitarist from Auckland, New Zealand. I have been playing for a few years now and am really keen to start up a Pearl Jam Covers band. I've been thinking about doing this for a good couple of years now and have just decided that nows a good a time as any. So if anyone in the Auckland region is interested please email me at paul23@actrix.co.nz and hopefully we make this happen.

Cheers, Paul.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• While I don't play an instrument and my voice is shady at best, this sounds really cool. If you ever get gigs let me know!
    Its been 8 years, but I still believe...PJ in NZ 06!

"No matter how cold the winter, theres a springtime ahead'
  • hey,

Ive been playing guitar for quite a few years now,
    and i could be interested, PJ being my FAV band, i know most of their tunes..

Holla at me on
    joeyisincanada@hotmail.com

We might sort something out...

Joey
  • Thanks for the support NZJAMFAN.
    I will keep you posted on any updates.
    It may take a while to get it going though, as it is a fairly unique project,
    especially here in little old NZ.

Regards, Paul.
  • amitamit Posts: 73
    Damn looks like you got two guitarist already. I play guitar (i live down in west auckland), and I've been thinking about something like this as well. Theres a bazillion Pearl Jam songs i want to cover!
  • dude theres 3 guitarists in PJ, no reason why we couldnt use you!
    J
  • dude theres 3 guitarists in PJ, no reason why we couldnt use you!
    J

Yeah, good point Joey.
    Now we just need a Bass player and Drummer and possibly a singer,inless one of you two are keen to provide the lead vocals as well as play guitar. Anyone else keen?
  • Yeah, good point Joey.
    Now we just need a Bass player and Drummer and possibly a singer,inless one of you two are keen to provide the lead vocals as well as play guitar. Anyone else keen?

I could do vocals on some songs, and i know dean is quite keen to have a crack, even if we just get together, play a few songs and have a few beers..
    i know a drummer who i frequently jam with.. who also loves PJ,
    ill ask him...
  • man if i live in Auckland id so join. Ive only been playing guitar for 2 years but id be keen on vocals. And If you do play some shows make sure you play Mankind and Don't Gimme No Lip. Do it for Stone. Comon...Do it....Do it.

EDIT: If this does take off can I do guest vocals at a gig please. I can play Off He Goes and Thin Air on the guitar also. Also can play Stones parts for Rockin' In The Free World and Fuckin' Up. Well they are Neil songs. BUT I am going to be studying Audio Engineering next year (hopefully) and when I'm finished if you ever need a sound engineer give me a buzz.
  • Hi Guys,

Wow, this is starting to look really good.
    I have been talking to Amit via e-mail and he is really keen.
    We have decided to start brushing up on the following songs (Joey, please feel free to add another 2-3 songs to this list) to play at the first jam session which may be around the 10th of Nov depending on if this suits everyone.

Rearview Mirror
    Corduroy
    In Hiding
    Light Years
    I Got Shit
    Dissident

Talk to you all soon
    Regards, Paul
  • Hi Guys,

Wow, this is starting to look really good.
    I have been talking to Amit via e-mail and he is really keen.
    We have decided to start brushing up on the following songs (Joey, please feel free to add another 2-3 songs to this list) to play at the first jam session which may be around the 10th of Nov depending on if this suits everyone.

Rearview Mirror
    Corduroy
    In Hiding
    Light Years
    I Got Shit
    Dissident

Talk to you all soon
    Regards, Paul

Id be keen, but on the 10th Nov, im in BNE catching the shows...

As for songs?
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Go
    Smile
    Fortunate Son
    Baba O'Reily
    Awesome your going to Aussie to see them as well! I'm going to Melbourne though.

Hey Joey, where abouts do you live?
  • amit wrote:
    Awesome your going to Aussie to see them as well! I'm going to Melbourne though.

Hey Joey, where abouts do you live?

Live out Howick way (East Auckland)
  • Id be keen, but on the 10th Nov, im in BNE catching the shows...

As for songs?
    Yellow Ledbetter
    Go
    Smile
    Fortunate Son
    Baba O'Reily

That's fine Joey, i'm sure we can arrange another time when we are all free. Also those songs sound good to learn.

What do you guys want to do? I'm normally free when it comes to weekends and don't mind travelling if needed. I guess if we are to learn all these songs (11 in total) it might pay to wait till after you guys get back from aussie (lucky bastards!!!) to have our first jam. Also do you guys mind learning all of these songs, or do you want to cut back on a few.
  • Hi Guys,

I have had a drummer reply to one of my other ads. Joey have you had a chance to ask your drummer friend, and if so, is he interested? because if not this other guy sounds pretty keen. Please let me know.

Cheers,Paul.
    Hey dudes,

Nah the more songs the merrier. But for a start thats quite enough before we even have our first jam. So yeah, if we all learn them well, then we can get togther after Aussie. Especially since the drummer (whoever it will be) will need to learn them as well.

I'm free 24/7 since its my uni break from 3rd November till next febuary haha!

But Paul, if you want I could meet up with you next week anyway because it would be good to meet one of you in person. We could have a light jam with just our guitars or something.

Amit
  • That sound good Amit. Maybe we could still catch up around the 10th. By the way I got an email from a singer who replied to one of my ads that I have on the "Rock Shop" website. He sounds really keen. Will keep you all posted.
  • Hi Guys,

Since we are making some progress, I thought I would post up the line up of musicians as it stands at the moment, so that you can all see where we are at.

Guitarists - Paul & Amit
    Guitarist / Vocals - Joey
    Drummer - 2 possibe people (yet to be decided)
    Lead Vocalist - Ryan (who emailed me today)
    Bass ???????????

So as you can see we really just need a bass player.
  • Hi Guys,

I have had a drummer reply to one of my other ads. Joey have you had a chance to ask your drummer friend, and if so, is he interested? because if not this other guy sounds pretty keen. Please let me know.

Cheers,Paul.

Paul

Get this guy who is interested, as i dont want my mate to stuff us around..

J
  • O.K, I'll let him know joey :)