Anyone ever recorded in a professional studio?

BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm trying to record a four track demo and I'd love to know a price range. Any help would be great. We did a Garageband low quality version last night. Check it here: The Republikans
They're gonna tell you where to walk
When to smile and just what to say
They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    A friend of mine works in a studio part-time. I'm not sure about an EP, but while talking with him he said for a full album and a bunch of copies (say 5-20k) it would be say $5k or so. I'm sure you can get it for much cheaper, as this studio has some of the best people and equipment.

I'd just call around to get a feel. Even try going to your local music store to see if they can recommend any studios.

Good luck!
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    A friend of mine works in a studio part-time. I'm not sure about an EP, but while talking with him he said for a full album and a bunch of copies (say 5-20k) it would be say $5k or so. I'm sure you can get it for much cheaper, as this studio has some of the best people and equipment.

I'd just call around to get a feel. Even try going to your local music store to see if they can recommend any studios.

Good luck!

good quote, a guy who has a home studio here charges "about" 500 bucks a song, from tracking, to finished product.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Not only have I recorded in them regularly fo rthe last 5 years, i used to engineer at a couple.

It's not the track count. It's the time you take to record the songs that will cost you. Depending on the room and the town, expect to pay $40-150 an hour, and allow 2 hours for every minute of music you wish to record.
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    $150 an hour
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan