How to get a Badmotorfinger type sound?

BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Any help availiable?

I have an Ibanez electric and a digitech gnx2 digital pedal.
They're gonna tell you where to walk
When to smile and just what to say
They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Just my personal opinion..

Drop the digitech shit and get a real pedal. A billion processed effects that you have little or no control over isn't going to get you anywhere but a bad sound.

As for the Badmotorfinger sound.. A Marshall amp played loudddddddd should get you pretty close.. wah pedal couldn't hurt either.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Just my personal opinion..

As for the Badmotorfinger sound.. A Marshall amp played loudddddddd should get you pretty close.. wah pedal couldn't hurt either.

Gotta agree, good tone nearly always comes from turning a good amp up til the guts wanna drop out of it.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Yeah I hate the fucking thing...I bought it 2 years ago for 300 bucks. I've used two of the 50 settings in 2 years.

I'm ready to drop it and buy a nice analog pedal.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
  • Yeah I hate the fucking thing...I bought it 2 years ago for 300 bucks. I've used two of the 50 settings in 2 years.

Good Call!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V

It's not just that, but my experience with it is that pretty much all of the sounds are terrible, processed garbage. Buy a tube screamer or something :)

"Make our day"
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Don't feel bad, we all started with that stuff. I still have my digital effects pedal, I use it as tuner. It's not that they are bad, just not great, and if it hasn't got the sound you want, it's hard to get it. They just tend to have too many effects. Meantime, pick a sorta heavy rock sound , then go and turn most of the effects off except your distortion, and maybe some reverb.
    What amp are you running ?? That's what is really important.
    Do some reseach before you jump into a pedal, everyone here loves TS-9 cos they are great for PJ through a tube amp, but unless your amp is pushing some gain, I don't think you get heavier sounds for other stuff.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • What amp are you running ?? That's what is really important.
    Do some reseach before you jump into a pedal, everyone here loves TS-9 cos they are great for PJ through a tube amp, but unless your amp is pushing some gain, I don't think you get heavier sounds for other stuff.
    That's true. But if you've got an amp with a great drive channel then the TS-9 could be the perfect pedal for you,.. get a nice warm sound and add some mids to your amp's gain.

"Make our day"
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    what amp are you playing through?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.