Selling guitars online...

paulus2112paulus2112 Posts: 52
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've got 2 maybe 3 electric guitars i'm thinking of selling, one's been in a guitar shop for months and hasnt moved - the shop take 20% of what it sells for which sucks, but my concern with selling them on ebay is shipping them - how the hell do you post a guitar???
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    hardcase?? or was that not what u meant. either way, seeing how you live in the UK as well, Im might be interested in getting one. could u please pm me with details of the guitar, price etc
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • shahril wrote:
    hardcase?? or was that not what u meant. either way, seeing how you live in the UK as well, Im might be interested in getting one. could u please pm me with details of the guitar, price etc

no i meant postal services! but yes 2 of them have hard cases 1 has a gig bag...

they are:

ibanez edr 470
    ibanez sa420 xdr
    jackson rr5 randy rhodes (maybe)
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Ebay is a good place to start to figure out what you might GET for your axe. Consider that Ebay is often wholesale at best, unless you have a vintage piece or something that is very desirable.

You can post them on Gbase as well, but Ebay is the standard now.

Are you not sure how to ship them?
    Easiest thing to do is make insurance mandatory. Place the guitar in the case but make sure the head can't move with in it. Use bubble wrap!
    Make sure the case closes easily. PLace the case in a cardboard box and again use bubble wrap to line the inside of the box. Then place that box inside another cardboard box and you are good to go. I have had 100% luck on both sides with very expensive axes using this method. Of course, if something goes wrong insurance covers it.

I would consider opening yourself open to trades as well.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board