Touring Transportation

BarryWalkerBarryWalker Posts: 75
edited November 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am looking for some information about renting some equipment for a small regional US tour for this upcoming summer. I will need just the transportation equipment such as a van/trailer set up or a bus. Looking for something that could accomodate 5-6 people and stage gear-no PA or lights. If anyone has any good suggestions just let me know. You can contact me at:

chhanthorn@hotmail.com

or

http://www.myspace.com/chadhanthorn

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I am looking for some information about renting some equipment for a small regional US tour for this upcoming summer. I will need just the transportation equipment such as a van/trailer set up or a bus. Looking for something that could accomodate 5-6 people and stage gear-no PA or lights. If anyone has any good suggestions just let me know. You can contact me at:

chhanthorn@hotmail.com

or

http://www.myspace.com/chadhanthorn

Thanks!

You can rent RV's and 5th wheels, and misc. trailers from RV rental places, its about 2000 a week...

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Yeah that is what I found out after searching for a while. Does anyone know of a company that specalizes in something specifically for tours?
  • Yeah that is what I found out after searching for a while. Does anyone know of a company that specalizes in something specifically for tours?

A good place to probably ask, for somethign in your area (New England i take it) is to go to a Professional Audio shop (not nessicarily a music shop) and ask if they know of any touring gear companies, and what they ahve to offer. chances are they will know a few within 30 miles of where your at, and then you can make some calls then.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Try Celebrity Coaches for a van/bus.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    A good place to probably ask, for somethign in your area (New England i take it) is to go to a Professional Audio shop (not nessicarily a music shop) and ask if they know of any touring gear companies, and what they ahve to offer. chances are they will know a few within 30 miles of where your at, and then you can make some calls then.

Lincoln, NE = Lincoln, Nebraska
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Make absolutely sure you lock your trailer if you have one and make sure you use a trailer ball lock. Getting all your gear stolen sucks.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Yeah I would imagine that would tend to piss a guy off.
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Try Celebrity Coaches for a van/bus.

They have some sweet rides but we're looking for something a little more humble/cheap. We're not quite to the status of Aerosmith just yet.