CD Duplication

BarryWalkerBarryWalker Posts: 75
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if you have any suggestions for companies to go with for CD Duplication services. I am looking to go with about 100 copies to start out with and having artwork on the CD itself and then either going with the paper sleeve or a slim jewel case. Any companies out there that are great to work with and are relatively inexpensive?
Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    Hi, I just recently got 1,000 cd's replicated, not duplicated which is a bit of a difference. Replicated means you're getting the cd on a commercially viable cd, not a cdr. Duplicated means you're getting them on cdr's. Anyway, I priced many companies and they all seemed pretty much the same as far as what they offered and their pricing. I decided to go with discmakers because of their reputation and some of the little perks they provide as well. For any new order they are giving a $25 discount (I think the offer is still good but not sure) and they also give you other things like a free sign up to CDbaby where you can sell your cd's online ($35 value) and 6 free months with Sonicbids which is a place where you can create your own EPK to send out to people.

You may run into some issues with the quantity. Many places I noticed have a minimum purchase of like 300 cd's and the other thing is that the lower the quantity you order, the more the per unit charge is.

Every company gets you on the design though. That's where it's a big ripoff. That's them designing your front, back, cd label, etc. You can do it yourself but then you've got to have certain programs and size it to their templates. I didn't have the time or knowledge to do any of that.

I got the "mini sleeve/jacket" which is the most inexpensive type of packaging (cheaper than jewel cases and more modern looking as well IMO). This is where there's just a front pic/back pic and the cd inserts in between. Pretty cool, very thin and good for mailing out.

Overall, I was pleased with discmakers. My only complaint are the prices but they were just as high with any other company I priced.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, let me know.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • Thanks a lot. I will look into them as well.
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    You might have to pay a bit more for such a small amount. You'd probably be better off doing around 500 or so. I dont think too many places want to do something that small, at least thats what Ive learned from experience.
  • Discmakers is my choice, too.
    They have a small order deal that isn't that expensive:
    http://duplication.discmakers.com/mcm/discmakers/index.jsp

They're pro's at what they do, and if you're sending out demo's then you want a good product.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    http://duplication.discmakers.com/mcm/discmakers/index.jsp

They're pro's at what they do, and if you're sending out demo's then you want a good product.

Wow, thats a good price. I will have to keep them in mind in the future...