Analogman Pedals

Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anybody play them??? I own a ts-808 with a true vintage mod. And love it!
Makes much more sense.................
To Live......................
In the present tense.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh the web address is http://www.analogman.com
    In the present tense.
  • Yeah, I've got a TS-9/808 silver from analogman which has served me well. It certainly sounds better than the original TS-808 I sold a year or so back. It also sounds much better than the new Ibanez reissue. It does not, however, sound anywhere near as good as Robert Keeley's version w/ NOS chip and true bypass switching. That said, neither have seen much use since I got the Greedtone.
  • biffhardon wrote:
    Yeah, I've got a TS-9/808 silver from analogman which has served me well. It certainly sounds better than the original TS-808 I sold a year or so back. It also sounds much better than the new Ibanez reissue. It does not, however, sound anywhere near as good as Robert Keeley's version w/ NOS chip and true bypass switching. That said, neither have seen much use since I got the Greedtone.

Would you reccomend the Keely version? Where do I go about getting the Greedtone new?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I'd certainly recommend the Keeley version if you've already determined that you love the Tubescreamer sound. Best thing is, you can leave your Analogman one on all the time and kick in the Keeley for heavier stuff or solos. I suggest doing it this way because a) the Keeley's true bypass and won't suck tone when you turn it off; and b) it has more high and low end than the Analogman, so the change in sound isn't so abruptly midrangey when you kick it in. Cascading two TSs in front of a nice clean valve (or tube, if you like) amp is a seriously great sound, very Pearl Jam. As for the Greedtone, I bought mine off a fellow forumite here but I think if you go to http://www.greedtone.com, you can contact Greg (the pedal builder) from there.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Or e-mail Greg direct at greedtone@gmail.com

I second the recommendation of the Greedtone. Amazing pedal! I sold off my DS-2 and SD-1 because I didn't need/use them anymore after I got it.
  • They're great, aren't they? Gotta wonder about the positive-tip power supply, though. Who thought THAT was a good idea? The sounds makes up for the inconvenience but, still ...
  • biffhardon wrote:
    I'd certainly recommend the Keeley version if you've already determined that you love the Tubescreamer sound. Best thing is, you can leave your Analogman one on all the time and kick in the Keeley for heavier stuff or solos. I suggest doing it this way because a) the Keeley's true bypass and won't suck tone when you turn it off; and b) it has more high and low end than the Analogman, so the change in sound isn't so abruptly midrangey when you kick it in. Cascading two TSs in front of a nice clean valve (or tube, if you like) amp is a seriously great sound, very Pearl Jam. As for the Greedtone, I bought mine off a fellow forumite here but I think if you go to http://www.greedtone.com, you can contact Greg (the pedal builder) from there.

Hey is there any other sites that have some more sound bites on them? They really don,t give you a whole lot of variety.
    In the present tense.
  • lol.
    yes,
    my AM ts9 has been sitting neglected since i got my BBOD a while back ...

sometimes i stick it at the end of the chain witht both the bbod and ts9 going if i'm feeling like i REALLY REALLY need some distortion ...

usualy late at night when i'm drunk and tone deaf ...

:D;):D
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?