Ipod

MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got a Nano for Christmas. It's pretty cool. But When I started it up, I accidentally put about 100 Christmas songs on it.

Does anyone know how to get songs off an IPOD. I could figure it out, but it's not in the instructions.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I got a Nano for Christmas. It's pretty cool. But When I started it up, I accidentally put about 100 Christmas songs on it.

Does anyone know how to get songs off an IPOD. I could figure it out, but it's not in the instructions.

You can just go into your iPod while it is connected to iTunes and delete them.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Thanks..............
  • you are using iTunes correct?

you can do 1 of a few things

when you connect the ipod to your computer and you are about to sync the songs into the ipod...

a) do what PBM said
    b) in your library, uncheck the blue boxes for the songs you do not want on your ipod
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Thanks,

Honestly, I got excited to try it out, and plugged it in. Then my kids distracted me and I haven't looked at it since. Today on the way to work, I started playing around with it and assumed I'd find a delete function......

Cheers
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Thanks,

Honestly, I got excited to try it out, and plugged it in. Then my kids distracted me and I haven't looked at it since. Today on the way to work, I started playing around with it and assumed I'd find a delete function......

Cheers

Nope, no deleting right from the unit. You basically manage whats on it straight from iTunes and iTunes only.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    so do my playcounts get carried over from itunes to ipod and back? cause I'm neurotic I worry about things like that
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    so do my playcounts get carried over from itunes to ipod and back? cause I'm neurotic I worry about things like that

Playcounts sync up. I have a playlist of my top 100 most played (#1 RVM), and everything updates like it should.
  • I have a Generation 3 and I was wondering about new models. Are you able to go from your iPod back into your library?

I can't on mine, but I found this cool program called iPod Rip that allows me to do so.

The one thing I don't like is that I formated my iPod at my work computer (eMac) and my home computer (PC) doesn't recognize it. I found another program to work around that, but still.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

I have a Generation 3 and I was wondering about new models. Are you able to go from your iPod back into your library?

I can't on mine, but I found this cool program called iPod Rip that allows me to do so.

The one thing I don't like is that I formated my iPod at my work computer (eMac) and my home computer (PC) doesn't recognize it. I found another program to work around that, but still.

PBM

I have a 4th gen iPod and you still can't go from the iPod to the library, and I doubt you ever will, without the aid of third party software. I can see why though, its basically welcoming stealing music by easily plugging your iPod into anyone's computer, taking what they have and putting it on yours.

I was playing around with my iPod today to show my boss how to use it (he just got his daughter a nano for Christmas and was having issues) and if you format it on a PC, it'll show up on a PC or Mac without a problem, but if you format it on a Mac, its Mac only.
  • moster78 wrote:
    I have a 4th gen iPod and you still can't go from the iPod to the library, and I doubt you ever will, without the aid of third party software. I can see why though, its basically welcoming stealing music by easily plugging your iPod into anyone's computer, taking what they have and putting it on yours.

I was playing around with my iPod today to show my boss how to use it (he just got his daughter a nano for Christmas and was having issues) and if you format it on a PC, it'll show up on a PC or Mac without a problem, but if you format it on a Mac, its Mac only.
    Oh jeeze eh'

Now I am really confused. What the F are you guys talking about?
  • moster78 wrote:

Yeah, I know. I was thinking about backing up all my music on my iPod Rip and then reformating my iPod to my PC.

Honestly, I usually just use my iPod Rip to bring songs back into my iTunes library to make Mix-Cd's. I don't share a whole lot, but I can see how folks would do that.

PBM

• Oh jeeze eh'

Now I am really confused. What the F are you guys talking about?

Basically, once it goes into your iPod, you can't drag it back into your iTunes library.

As Monster stated, this prevents folks from taking their iPod, connecting it to a friends computer and transfering all their music from their iPod to their friends computer.

PBM