New guitar

bluejourneymanbluejourneyman Posts: 421
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just got me an acoustic guitar; I hauked a tent, sleeping bag, sub amp, and a golf club for it. The guitar is a Yamaha F-335. I learned my first song today. It is called “smoking gun,” The song is a blue’s tune. Shit, I’ve been practicing about four hours a night for 4 day now. My fretting fingers are toasted. Ya all will be seeing me in here alot. Thanks for all the tips and keep them coming
Can't you see that there's light in the dark.
Nothing's quite what it seems in the city of dreams.
(Wolfmother)
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grand Rapids 2006
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Sweet! Good luck. People here are very helpful, we are the nicest part of the forum.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    good luck !
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    if it hurts, take a break. give yourself sometime. it'll probably be 3 months of frustration and then.... amazing, like riding a bike. your fingers will start moving without thinking about it.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • I thought booze was addictive :D
    Can't you see that there's light in the dark.
    Nothing's quite what it seems in the city of dreams.
    (Wolfmother)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grand Rapids 2006