Revival

GrungeAetheriusGrungeAetherius Posts: 4
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
My band, which has yet to agree on a good name, is a wannabe grunge band. My question would be: does anyone think it's possible to revive grunge? Everyone else I talk to says it's dead, it died with Kurt Cobain. Personally, I could care less about Kurt Cobain. Pearl Jam's still around, but I'm not sure if you could call what they do these days grunge, anymore. Any thoughts?
Jesus don't want me for a sunbeam
Sunbeams are never made like me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Maybe you can borrow from grunge, ie music style or musical approach, attitude, good guitar tone hopefully, etc. But if anything came out again that had the undertones of grunge, I think it would have to be called something else. For me grunge was the musical explosion that came out in the early 90's that had a completely different feel to it than anything before it. Part Punk, Part Metal, Part Stoner Rock/Jam band/Psychedelic Rock. I think you can revive the spirit of that time in music, but music always reflects the times, and its a different time, so grunge can never come back again. That's what I think anyways. We certainly have plenty to rebel about now, ie shitty music, corporate everything, american idol bullshit, and rebellion is all you really need to fuel awesome music and change the bullshit around you.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • i'll help you. me and my bandmates often talk about the good old days of the early nineties, when it seemed music was fresh. maybe we're just used to hearing it now.