RCA or Coaxial Cable?

Alive77Alive77 Posts: 4
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok i know my question is kinda off topic but im kinda stumped on what i should do, does anyone know?, I hook my equalizers to my stereo reciever using standard RCA cables (red and white) I noticed that Coaxial cable ends look the same as rca ones, though the cable is thicker, Im wondering if its a good idea to use digital coaxial cables to hook my equaliezers to my reciever or should I just stay with the RCA cables the way they are right now? any input on what I should do?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• digital coaxial will give you better transfer of sound than standard rca connections. it has the capabilites of carrying more channels of sound, as well as less signal loss.

cool.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    If your receiver and eq's actually have digital ins and outs, then absolutely, get a digital coax and go for it. On the other hand, if you're thinking that using a digital coax cable between analogue RCA jacks is going to provide better sound, you're sadly mistaken. More details on your equipment (uhh ... huh, huh) would help with providing a simple yes or no answer.
  • biffhardon wrote:
    If your receiver and eq's actually have digital ins and outs, then absolutely, get a digital coax and go for it. On the other hand, if you're thinking that using a digital coax cable between analogue RCA jacks is going to provide better sound, you're sadly mistaken. More details on your equipment (uhh ... huh, huh) would help with providing a simple yes or no answer.

good point on the receivers...i hadnt even thought about that after reading the original post. digital coax out of analog outs...oops.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Alive77Alive77 Posts: 4
    biffhardon wrote:

Yeah my equalizer unit doesn't have digital coaxial outs, just regular rca or analog outs, so im guessing i'll just stick with the regular cables for this hookup, well thanks for your info. it helped alot