Takamine

depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just made a plunge into the Takamine JJ325SRC12.

it was 1099, but I managed to get it for 920, hard case included (canadian)...I think that is a good price....just wondering

BTW, LOVE this piece. Amazing....the sound is so crisp. I was always nervous of trying a 12 string...but now ther is no looking back. Songsthat I already played good now sound great. This may be the best guitar I have ever played...at least acoustic wise.

Loving it!
The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
(Because I know)
Because I know how much time that wastes
(And function)
Function is the key
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    Thats a screaming deal dude!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_id/130687

Musicansfriend is usually the cheapest place for stuff, and thats in US dollars!
  • takamines are extremely nice...way more than worth it in my opinion....they could charge much for those things than they do.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • excellent.

Yeah...they are pretty wicked.

I was just browsing...no intension of buying....maybe some new strings and that was about it. but I picked this thing up....first time ever playing a 12 string...and I had to have it. I thought it was a good buy, but even if it wasn't I still would have been happy.

btw, it is brand new, never used. I was the first person to play it, other than when they had tuned it!

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    That is cool! I have a 12 string that I have had for several years now. I just open the case every now and than and look at it lovingly thinking how one day I really want to be able to play it and play it well. It is one of my goals after my youngest child gets a little older. I don't have the time right now to devote to that. I am very excited for you, that is so awesome! Enjoy it!!
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!
  • twin1 wrote:
    That is cool! I have a 12 string that I have had for several years now. I just open the case every now and than and look at it lovingly thinking how one day I really want to be able to play it and play it well. It is one of my goals after my youngest child gets a little older. I don't have the time right now to devote to that. I am very excited for you, that is so awesome! Enjoy it!!

thanks.

I was actually suprised. I really didn't know how I would fair out with it. BUT, I picked it up right in the store and starting ripping out some songs. I immediately saw the difference between this and my regular 6 stringers. I will never go back. It seems as though it will be an easy crossover.

The greatest part of all is the more electrical touch to it. I don't feather the cords by any means.....but it is definately a lighter touch. I think that, more than anything else, is why the sound quality is so good. you don't really have to squeeze the strings like the average accoustic.

I am so excited. My fingers shall go numb ASAP.

:)

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • twin1twin1 Posts: 902
    thanks.

I was actually suprised. I really didn't know how I would fair out with it. BUT, I picked it up right in the store and starting ripping out some songs. I immediately saw the difference between this and my regular 6 stringers. I will never go back. It seems as though it will be an easy crossover.

The greatest part of all is the more electrical touch to it. I don't feather the cords by any means.....but it is definately a lighter touch. I think that, more than anything else, is why the sound quality is so good. you don't really have to squeeze the strings like the average accoustic.

I am so excited. My fingers shall go numb ASAP.

:)

YEAH! YEAH! for you...I always love having numb fingers, very satisfying!
    Our love must not be just words, but True Love, which shows itself in action,
    No one needs a smile more than someone who fails to give one,
    After you die...you know how to LIVE!