Ibanez GAX30

depopulationINCdepopulationINC Posts: 2,074
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey...I am looking for a decent guitar to take with me when I travel...something I don't mind being kicked around.
I have my eye on a Ibanez GAX30...

any feedback?
The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
(Because I know)
Because I know how much time that wastes
(And function)
Function is the key
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the others I am considering are a Washburn WI64, a ESP/LTD Viper 400, and an Ibanez Jet King JTK2

all in really nice shape...all at the price I want to spend.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Your price range is between $159 and $599 (that's a big range).
    Okay, out of everything you listed in that price range, go with the Washburn.
    Dude, there's even a scratch and dent version of the WI66PRO at AMS for $569, but hurry or they'll sell it.
    Also check Same Day Music - WI66PRO because they have the same guitar with a blem listed for $570.
    Mahogany Body, Set Neck, Grover 18:1 tuners, Duncan '59 and Custom Custom pickups, VCC system (Voice Contour Control), push/pull taps, and the Buzz Feiten Tuning System.
    Score and a half - every guitar made should come with that Buzz Feiten system (and that's a great pickup combination).
    If they're out of the WI66Pro check out Sam Ash since their online catalog has the WI64 on sale for $399 (remember that Musicians Friend or Guitar Center has to match that price).
    That model comes with the Buzz Feiten System, and you still get the Mahogany Body, Set Neck, VCC system, and Grover 18:1 tuners.

Buzz Feiten Tuning System.
    The Buzz Feiten Tuning System is a tempered tuning formula, which uses a compensated nut and saddle to correct the inherent intonation problems of the Western tuning formula. The system that Buzz devised has been a godsend to guitarists. Fans of the system include Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Liona Boyd and Andy Summers. The Buzz Feiten Tuning System is standard on all USA made Washburn guitars and basses and is featured on select imported models. Washburn is the only major guitar manufacturer to incorporate the system as a standard feature on production guitars.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • Thanks for the feedback
    It is a WI64...I was kinda leaning this ay...I never saw it until after my original post.
    It is a bit more...the others are flirting with 200...the 64 is 400, but include a 75W amp...so sounds like a steal...I have not physically seen it...all it says is that it needs a good tuning. To what exactly is meant by that I am not sure.

Thanks a bunch...i'll let you know what I end up with,

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • rigneyclanrigneyclan Posts: 289
    personally, I'd go with the Ibanez Jeking2. Absolutely amazing guitars for the price.
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • Gossard_Is_GodGossard_Is_God Posts: 1,031
    I have an Ibanez GAX30 and its a really nice guitar to play and sounds great too for the price.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Thanks Guys...
    the JTK2 was gone :(
    I went with the WI64. I had never really picked one up before, and I really like it. I am still "getting to know it," but I like it. fairly good spacing...which I tend to like...not too wide though...I can still double down on a sting...just about perfect for me.
    The front has a few pings...nothing serious. As far as tuning, I don't believe the strings have ever been changed, and I think it is a couple years old...I think that is all that is wrong with it.

I ended up getting it for 150...so needless to say, i am happy.

(Because I know)
    (And function)
    Function is the key