Options

Wah Pedals...

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys..can someone help me out? I'm lookingto buy a wah pedal and have been thinking about it for a while now...ive tried the Cry Baby and the Zakk Wylde Wah....i know of others too but any suggestions would be great!! Maybe someone knows of a really underated one or somthing...i was thinking to just go old fashion Cry Baby...anything??
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The Ibanez Weeping Demon is really nice for the price. Check it out on Ibanez.com
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    The vox is the good old standard or the Cry Baby with the Fasel inductor.

The Mister Cry Baby and the Jimi Hendrix series wahs aren't too bad.

If I had to buy now I'd get an RMC Picture Wah.

I've done very well with my Morley Bad Horsie, the BH2 has a more flexible setup allowing you to tweak the circuitry for your sound while still providing the clarity of the Optical circuitry (no pot to get scratchy) and a good output buffer.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I need a new wah too.

The one I have now is the Snarling Dogs Black Bawl wah, but it's been long discontinued. I love the thing, it has the perfect tone and wah sounds. It snarls, and has a great midrange. Sadly, it's been played into the ground. The pot is shot and scratchy as hell and all the shops here in London say they can't get a new pot because Dunlop doesn't provide it anymore.

I tried a crybaby original, but I hate the trebley high end. Sounds terrible to me. I've heard I can get a great mid-range wah sound out of the crybaby 535Q or whatever it's called though. Is this true.

The other one I'm seriously considering dishing out some moolah for is the Budda Bud-wah. This one's the most similar to what I've been using, but it's a bit on the pricey end of the spectrum.

:)
  • Options
    I need a new wah too.

The one I have now is the Snarling Dogs Black Bawl wah, but it's been long discontinued. I love the thing, it has the perfect tone and wah sounds. It snarls, and has a great midrange. Sadly, it's been played into the ground. The pot is shot and scratchy as hell and all the shops here in London say they can't get a new pot because Dunlop doesn't provide it anymore.

I tried a crybaby original, but I hate the trebley high end. Sounds terrible to me. I've heard I can get a great mid-range wah sound out of the crybaby 535Q or whatever it's called though. Is this true.

The other one I'm seriously considering dishing out some moolah for is the Budda Bud-wah. This one's the most similar to what I've been using, but it's a bit on the pricey end of the spectrum.

:)

you can order a pot from Fulltone. Fuller still makes replacement pots.

or maybe Area 51. You might also be ok by simply getting some electronic contact cleaner, that will clean and lube the pot.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    you can order a pot from Fulltone. Fuller still makes replacement pots.

or maybe Area 51. You might also be ok by simply getting some electronic contact cleaner, that will clean and lube the pot.

If I can order a new pot, that would be great. I've already done all of the contact cleanser stuff, and it helped, but it's still scratchy.
  • Options
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I'm not a huge wah-player, but I'm satisfied to no end with my standard Vox wah. Like Dirty_Frank said, I used to have a Crybaby and it was WAY to thin up top, very harsh and brittle. The Vox is much more focused on the midrange, very smooth sound, and still tough as nails.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.