Trying Out Anps Today For 3 Hours....and.......

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I tried these:

Fender Deluxe - $770 CDN (Hot Rod)

Traynor 50 Blue - $795 CDN

Traynor YCV40 - $685 CDN

Fender Blues Deville - $1050 CDN

Anyway,

I really like them all :o:o

The Deluxe was awesome, I really liked it!!!

Both Traynors were great too, I'm not sure which one I liked more though??

The Blues Deville was amazing!! but I'm not sure if I wanna spend that much ??

Any thoughts or suggestions????

Again, I'm not planning on buying it until around May, just so I get the right one :) and enough cash ;)

Thanks
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the fenders you mentioned are good amps, but IMO the drive channel is a little weak, they are great amps though

the 50BLUE has a better OD channel than the YCV (again IMO)
    but the YCV40 has a gorgeous and better clean channel than the 50Blue

in my rig i have the YCV40WR...and the overdrive is still great in its own, i love it...i use a OCD to push it a little and i use the OCD on its own every once in a while

im in virginia now visiting my dad and he got a 50BLUE cuz he got a bonus from his company and he wanted to learn guitar...so he got a fender mexican strat and the 50BLUE...ive played with the 50Blue a bit...i personally like the ycv40 better
    you will find that those Fenders will give more of a bluesy sound than the Traynors

i wouldnt say that the Blues Deville is worth more money than those listed

I would also check out the Peavey Classic 30 and Delta Blues, you may like that
    on the line of fender check out the new reissue of the Blues Deluxe...i played with it in a store and really enjoyed messing around with it

personally on the fender line, my favorite amp is the Concert Reverb, pretty pricey but its great...i personally like it a lot because of the chance to switch from 12 watts to 50 watts...but i really like the 59 bassman reissue a lot too...again pricey

and i know i tell everyone this but i think you will be 100% satisfied with the Traynors...i love them...greatest thing in its price range
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Thanks so much HHV :D

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • I forgot to specify that the Fender Deluxe was a Hot Rod series ......

.NJD.
  • I forgot to specify that the Fender Deluxe was a Hot Rod series ......

yeah I know the model pretty well, I was looking at that before i got the Traynor...as well as the Deville

the clean channel on that amp is very nice
    again the OD is soso IMO, maybe you like it but for me it wasnt what I was looking for

but deffinantly try out those Peaveys
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2