OMG Guys You Gotta Read This!!!!!!

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok,

I've been looking at amps recently and have tried the YCV40 & 50 along with the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe as some of you know.

I really liked the Deluxe and couldn't stop reading reviews when I got home and stuff, if I had to choose then it would have been that.

So having said that,

I went in tonight to get some new strings:......AND THERE WAS A USED DELUXE FOR $495 instead of $770 FOR THE NEW ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was this colour one:

http://www.tao-gitarrenlaedele.at/Amp%20Pics/Resources/blondeoxblood.gif

Not black, but I like this better personally!!

I put it on hold for now, because I still want to try some other things, but I was so happy!!

It was an awesome deal and it was in amazing condition, no marks or anything on it, and it sounded the exact same as the black one.

There was no warrranty on this one, but I could buy one for like $15 the guy said!!

What do you guys think??????????
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pounce on it!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I think it's purdy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • I have a solid state 212 that sounds ok in my opinion, would it be worth getting something like this?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,200
    I have a solid state 212 that sounds ok in my opinion, would it be worth getting something like this?

Seeing as how the Deluxe is a tube amp, I don't think there is any reason you should NOT have it! :D
  • I'd do it! I love the Oxblood and white fenders. The sound pretty damn good too!

Do it!
  • I was trying it out again today in comparison with the new one, and they are the same amp!! I couldn't tell a difference at all.

I found some background info on the amp :) :

It just came in the other day, and it's 3 years old, the guy bought it from the same store originally for $899 and just traded it in so he could upgrade.

I really do like the YCV40's though, which I was trying again today, but everyone in the store said that the Fender's would hold up better?

Thoughts??

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Thorns2010 wrote:
    Seeing as how the Deluxe is a tube amp, I don't think there is any reason you should NOT have it! :D

I'd probably need another $600, as I can probably sell my crate for $400 (rich kid with parents who will buy him anything)..... *starts thinking.....*
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I was trying it out again today in comparison with the new one, and they are the same amp!! I couldn't tell a difference at all.

I found some background info on the amp :) :

It just came in the other day, and it's 3 years old, the guy bought it from the same store originally for $899 and just traded it in so he could upgrade.

I really do like the YCV40's though, which I was trying again today, but everyone in the store said that the Fender's would hold up better?

Thoughts??

i dont see how it would hold up better...no matter what amp you have, your going to have to change tubes and it will work greatly for a while as long as you use it and not abuse it....

but for that deal i would do it, deffinantly...just remember you may spend either 50$ or 150$ on a overdrive pedal because i cant see someone using that OD all the time for every type of sound even though its a very nice sound...

but id do it

edit: negotiate with the guy, try to get it down to 465-475...because your going to have to spend money on the tax for it which could be another 10-40$ depending on how taxes are in Canada, which I don't know
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I'm so stuck here..lol :)

I just don't wanna rush it because of this awesome deal you know?

I'm just gunna have to line them all up and give 'em the "Ledbetter Test" ;)

.NJD.
  • now that i think about it, you may as well wait...and figure out which is best, because you can go on ebay and get the Fender probably for the same price, infact they have one for a buy it now on ebay of 475 although its black

you can do the same on ebay...theres a few traynor ycv40s (some WR) that are going for the 475-500 range...and some Blues going for 500-550
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    yeah, but he is in Canada, so add a nice sum on to that US price for shipping and the dreaded duties....

If your going to go traynor, may as well buy within Canada considering thats where they are made.
  • The CDN exchange rate is somewhere around $.897 for one US $ (14 year high today), which really in the long run of things isn't a huge deal. Where us Canadians get killed is in duty, taxes and shipping. :(