Solid Deal on Eric Clapton Strat

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://toronto.craigslist.org/msg/149684428.html

Thought this was pretty solid......CDN prices
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I saw that the other day. If I had $950, or hell, even a way to get a $950 loan, I'd go to the 416 to get it. I played of these about a month ago at Bellone's here in London and it was AMAZING. They're asking 2100 for it.
  • Ya, $950 is a steal.....but if I were buying a Strat (which one day I will)I wouldn't get black. So even though it's a great price, I don't think I would get it....I want a sunburst one, or that off-white one.

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Ya, $950 is a steal.....but if I were buying a Strat (which one day I will)I wouldn't get black. So even though it's a great price, I don't think I would get it....I want a sunburst one, or that off-white one.

Whadda you know. I want to get either an off white or sunburst as well.
  • Whadda you know. I want to get either an off white or sunburst as well.

Lol, Well judging by this, that Yngwie Malmsteen thread over on The Porch and me loving the 50BLUE too.....we've got quite a few of the same tastes :)

My guitar models and Colours ;) :

Gibson SG - Cheery Red (like Angus)
    Gibson LP - Burst #1 (like Jimmy) Goldtop #2
    Fender Strat - Sunburst or Off-white
    Fender Tele - Ash, or that natural yellow

I've got others too..lol

.NJD.
    Lol, Well judging by this, that Yngwie Malmsteen thread over on The Porch and me loving the 50BLUE too.....we've got quite a few of the same tastes :)

My guitar models and Colours ;) :

Gibson SG - Cheery Red (like Angus)
    Gibson LP - Burst #1 (like Jimmy) Goldtop #2
    Fender Strat - Sunburst or Off-white
    Fender Tele - Ash, or that natural yellow

I've got others too..lol

Looks to be that way. :)

I like classic guitars. Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, SGs and hollow and semi-hollow body. I've never really dug the super strat style (ie Jackson, some Ibanez). I love Flying Vs and Explorers, but those that keep some class and classic styling.
  • Looks to be that way. :)

I like classic guitars. Strats, Teles, Les Pauls, SGs and hollow and semi-hollow body. I've never really dug the super strat style (ie Jackson, some Ibanez). I love Flying Vs and Explorers, but those that keep some class and classic styling.

When I put "I've got others" That's what I was thinking....Flying V's and Explorers....lol lol.

Other than the classics, My favourite would have to be a PRS, I think they're beautiful. I would love one....one day.

.NJD.
    When I put "I've got others" That's what I was thinking....Flying V's and Explorers....lol lol.

Other than the classics, My favourite would have to be a PRS, I think they're beautiful. I would love one....one day.

I never really got into the whole PRS thing. I saw a band where the player had a tobocco flame Custom 22 the other day, and I'll admit, it had me lusting after one.

Then reality sunk back in. There's a lot of stuff I'd love to have, but at this point in the game, it's going to have to wait!

I'm extremely grateful that companies like Traynor and Fender can put out amps like the 40 50BLUE and deluxe for a reasonable price. Gives us little guys a chance, if you know what I mean.

I can deal with the gear lust for now. I'm going to graduate debt free, and by god, I will buy a Gibson Les Paul in Honeyburst and a Marshall 1974X as soon as I possibly can. :)