The Song Remains The Same

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Wow....:eek:

This is some of the weirdest shit I've ever watched!!

I love it though.....man, what were they on?? ...Lol.

Rock on.
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• First time viewing it?!

That's what made me fall in love with Robert Plant's voice and Jimmy Page's guitar style...it's the main reason LZ is my 2nd favorite band.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • First time viewing it?!

Ya man....:o

I only have the other DVD, with that funky dessert on the cover. :)

I never ended up buying this one but it was only $7.99 yesterday!!!! It was a steal :D

I'm likin' it though

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I wish they released Song Remains The Same with just the performances, nothing else.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Ya man....:o

I only have the other DVD, with that funky dessert on the cover. :)

I never ended up buying this one but it was only $7.99 yesterday!!!! It was a steal :D

I'm likin' it though

My dad is actually on the Song Remains The Same...i forget which song but they do a crowd thing, and he's right there...and thats mother fuckin MSG baby! :D...my dad said something like they played 7 shows there in 10 days and he was in first 10 rows for all 7 shows
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • You know, they say that the pulsing drum beat in "over the hills and far away" represents the beating heart of the charecter in the song going on a heroin trip..

maybe they're on that? :p

One of hte greatest bands ever.. i love that dvd.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • You know, they say that the pulsing drum beat in "over the hills and far away" represents the beating heart of the charecter in the song going on a heroin trip..

maybe they're on that? :p

One of hte greatest bands ever.. i love that dvd.

Page did heroin

I think Plant just smoked some tree, drank, and once in a while some yay
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    i think the song remains the same/the rain song makes that entire movie......

what a one two punch......
  • the unseen wrote:
    i think the song remains the same/the rain song makes that entire movie......

what a one two punch......

Ya that's a killer part......

When Jimmy's climbing that mountain to meet himself just really old and stuff......that freaked me right out.

.NJD.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I wish they released Song Remains The Same with just the performances, nothing else.

You can get it from amazon as just a CD soundtrack.
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    moster78 wrote:
    You can get it from amazon as just a CD soundtrack.

when this first came out,the lp and the movie had a few songs different from each other,then when cd's came out i think the cd had some stuff edited to keep it a single disk.

i've never looked into whether page added songs back onto the cd when he remastered all the old stuff.......too be honest,i dont even know if this was included in that project or if it was just studio stuff that was reworked.

if one has the means,the music from the dvd can be captured onto a computer,then burned onto a cd.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    First time viewing it?!

That's what made me fall in love with Robert Plant's voice and Jimmy Page's guitar style...it's the main reason LZ is my 2nd favorite band.

Huh.. I always thought Plant sounded like poo poo at the MSG. touring was taking its toll on his voice around this time. I guess he still sounds good, just not as good as he can. He's always been my favorite singer along with Ed. And Page does some of my favorite live solos on here. No Quarter and Stairway still give me chills.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • mpg82mpg82 Posts: 83
    does anybody remember laughter?

seriously, the song remains the same was one of my faves growing up. now i watch it and...well, i think it kinda sucks. musically. plant's voice is terrible. excess.

I disagree, I think he sounds great. The audio quality is poor but you can't beat that MSG version of "Since I've Been Loving You". The film would've been better if it didn't have those stupid fantasy scenes. Jimmy Page climbing the mountain to meet the wizard who turns out to be him. Robert Plant slaying the evildoers and saving the princess. Bonham in his hot rod is pretty sweet actually. John Paul Jones has that cooking scene lol.
    6/26/98, 6/27/98, 06/13/99, 10/08/00, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/29/06, 6/30/06, 5/7/10