Art & Lutherie

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was about to buy an Art & Lutherie acoustic tonight but i wanted to sleep on it..the guy asked if i was waiting for a pay check and he'd put it on hold for me, I actually just wanted to get some response from the board!!

It was the Dreadnought style, the Sunrise colour, but then i say the Antique Burst colour on their website...I don't know what to do???

Originally i wanted the cutaway but it's like $160 more because it's electric too...and i don't think i need that, i think i just want the straight up acoustic.

Any help would be great!!
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lezcufflezcuff Posts: 46
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/

I like Garrison acoustic, personally.

Dance and Sing along with Shed Devils at http://www.sheddevils.com/
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    nice dependable canadian guitars made by godin.

personally, i'd get the straight acoustic. i don't think cutaways sound all that good but that's a personal thing. you can always put a pickup in later. it's not a very invasive procedure.
  • lezcufflezcuff Posts: 46
    If you think you might want to plug into an amp OR pa OR effects pedals you might consider getting the electronics when you buy it. If you want it for campfires, maybe not so important.

I didn't get a pickup with my cutaway garrison and sort of wish I had. Glad about the cut-away because of the ergonomics of doing the blistering leads for which I have become so famous ;)

There are very nice microphones that can be dropped into the body later if you like to hear all the body drumming sounds in addition to the straight pickup from the strings. Again, this is irrelevant unless you plan to amplify.

Dance and Sing along with Shed Devils at http://www.sheddevils.com/
  • I"ve had my Art & Lutherie acoustic since last Christmas and I absolutely love it.

I know this post isn't that much help but I really like my acoustic guitar.
    "I'm a thief, and I dig it"
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    another brand under the Godin name is Simon and Patrick....i have owned one for about a year and a half and i love it...also consider Seagull's, they are a great guitar yet again by Godin...
  • There's an insanely affordable parlor acoustic at a local shop made by these guys, all laminate, cherrywood. I'd love to pick it up. I was surprised and impressed by the quality of construction, and the sound was beautiful. In fact, I'm not sure I won't get it anyways.

RE: The pickup... my personal feeling is that 1) the included pickup probably is a piece, so not worth the money they charge; 2) there are tons of aftermarket pickups out there that are easy to install and sound great; and 3) nothing ruins a good wooden acoustic instrument like cutting a hole in the side and shoving a piece of plastic in it's place.

Ultimately, if it feels right and sounds right, it doesn't matter whose name is on the headstock. Go with your gut.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.