Need Some Suggestions For Good Songs to Play For Acoustic Night @ School

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I wanna play something at this year's acoustic night at my school, me and my one buddy so it has to be something with 2 guitars.

PJ would be great but i wouldn't wanna butcher it so any suggestions are great.
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• how long have you been playing?

just play something by a couple of your favorite bands.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • I've been playing for a year, i've got a few things in mind but i just wanted some other opinions

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • what are your favorite bands? Give us some info so we can give you some suggestions :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Ummm..

Ben Harper
    Jack Johnson
    The Black Crowes
    G.Love
    STP
    Zeppelin
    OAR
    Alice In Chains

That's the stuff that i could play (being at an acoustic show)

I was even thinkin maybe some Dave Matthews, Cat Stevens, Maybe even some Foos or Tragically Hip

LOL...that doesn't really narrow er down to much but w/e.

Anyway.....

.NJD.
  • Tangerine - Zep
    Interstate Love Song - STP
    Plush - STP
    Got Me Wrong - AIC
    Times Like These - Foo
    See You - Foo
    Everlong - Foo
    Walk Away - Ben Harper

those are some good options out of those bands.

• Thanks so much...thats funny i was just looking at Times Like These and am listening to Plush right now!!

.NJD.
  • Everlong and Tangerine would be lovely.

Mayonaise - Smashing Pumpkins

:)

good luck!
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • driftin' is a great little campfire song...if you can play harp
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    ramble on sounds sick just acoustic, just make up your own acoustic solos between the verses though
  • leethalleethal Posts: 134
    yellow led as well is awesome; just make the solo shorter and easier
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    leethal wrote:
    yellow led as well is awesome; just make the solo shorter and easier

lyrics shouldnt be a problem to that one at all...lol
  • Floyd's Wish You Were Here is always a good bet.
  • Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    I'd go with Ben Harper's Burn One Down,the school would love it I'm sure.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Bob Weir wrote:
    I'd go with Ben Harper's Burn One Down,the school would love it I'm sure.

LOL...Good Call!!!

That's not hard to play at all either!!!!

I'm sure it would go over real big too....

.NJD.
  • Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue, extremely simple and easy to sing to, plus it's a brilliant song!
    Wave came crashing...