Guitar In Of The Girl

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
First off, great song...

Doesn't it sound like the guitar in the background is being played in another room almost?

Does anyone know what i mean?? As if when they recorded it Mike/Stone (i think Mike) was standing in another room playing.

It's so cool...listen carefully, you'll know what i'm sayin ;)
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    no, i know what ya mean! i love that, too. great song
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • I think that's what the whole Binaural recording concept was all about. I remember an interview with Ed and Jeff on CNN - yes, CNN! - where they were explaining that. It's about actually hearing the space, the air in the room when they were recording. Of the girl was a good example of that, he said.
  • pearlwax wrote:
    I think that's what the whole Binaural recording concept was all about. I remember an interview with Ed and Jeff on CNN - yes, CNN! - where they were explaining that. It's about actually hearing the space, the air in the room when they were recording. Of the girl was a good example of that, he said.
    Binaural recording.. recording natural.. like you're in the room with them playing.

i looooveee the way they recorded that album (mind you, not all of it is in Binaural recording).. especially Of The Girl.

i hadn't heard about mike playing in seperate rooms before but i'd assume its true based on the recording style. awesome :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • i hadn't heard about mike playing in seperate rooms before but i'd assume its true based on the recording style. awesome :)

No, i'm not sure this is how..i just think that's what it sounds like :)

Either way, great tune ;)

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • No, i'm not sure this is how..i just think that's what it sounds like :)

Either way, great tune ;)
    ah i see i see.. in that case no, its just the miking technique :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • ah i see i see.. in that case no, its just the miking technique :)

Cool...I noticed this in my recent rediscovery of Binaural..LOL

.NJD.
  • It's all about Reverb.