Guys I Need You Opinion

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have an all black Epiphone SG.

It has a black pick guard on it right now but i was thinking about maybe getting a white one and make it really unique.

Do you think this would look good???

Ever seen it before?? If so, any pictures???
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I have an all black Epiphone SG.

It has a black pick guard on it right now but i was thinking about maybe getting a white one and make it really unique.

Do you think this would look good???

Ever seen it before?? If so, any pictures???

I've seen red SG's with white pickguards in GC before, they looked interesting. Black with a white pick guard would look cool in my opinion. Give it a shot. How much can a pick guard really run?
  • Yeah why not? Go for it. I had a black guitar and changed the pick guard to a clearer one that made a big difference in the look.
  • Try cutting a piece of white paper out in the shape of the pickguard, cut the pickup holes out, and stick it on there with some double stick tape,

stand back and admire! :D

If you like it, then you can get a pickguard.
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart

genius....
  • Try cutting a piece of white paper out in the shape of the pickguard, cut the pickup holes out, and stick it on there with some double stick tape,

I like the way you think ....lol :)

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • I like the way you think ....lol :)

I got the logical side like that from my dad! :cool:

I got the spacey musician "where'd I leave my car keys, what the hell did I walk into this room for?" side from my mom!

Every few years the dad part comes out in me! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    go plaid..

• LOL...nice!!!

That's looks pretty good actually :)

.NJD.
  • I can't say I'm a fan.

I can tolerate the bright white picguard on strats but not so much on SGs.

Go to warmoth and check out all the possible patterns and stuff. See if you get any cool ideas. I have always been a fan of black pearloid on a black guitar.

heres the link

http://www.warmoth.com/pickguards/pickguards.cfm?fuseaction=guitar_pickguards_main
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • I can't say I'm a fan.

I can tolerate the bright white picguard on strats but not so much on SGs.

Go to warmoth and check out all the possible patterns and stuff. See if you get any cool ideas. I have always been a fan of black pearloid on a black guitar.

heres the link

http://www.warmoth.com/pickguards/pickguards.cfm?fuseaction=guitar_pickguards_main

Beauty Thanks!! :)

.NJD.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    John Frusciante has a red SG with a white PG looks pretty good, you might as well try it. Parchment or cream might look good too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I can't stand pickguards....maybe its just me
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    nailz100 wrote:
    I can't stand pickguards....maybe its just me

for some reason willie nelsons guitar pops into mind :D
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Dude, you've been drinking too much eggnog again haven't you!
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see