Favour To Ask For Ledbetter

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys,

This is my real Pearl Jam challenge right now and i want to learn it so bad!! I just can't seem to get it.

I understand the tab on giventowail and i tried even watching LATG but i just can't seem to get it, and i know you just have to sort of play with it a little.

I know this is alot to ask and if no one has the time I totally understand but if it's at all possible, could somebody post a video link of them playing Ledbetter, just along the fret board?? To show the fingers :)

I know there's a DMB site that lets you see these, so if anyone has the time or even has anything like this i would appreciate it so much!!

Thank You !!!!!!!
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i would do it but i dont have a webcam to do it

i was on the same boat you are in, its impossible

but when i watched L@TG i realized that mikes fingers are setup like a chord so he has his finger on a note for the next note, if you know what i mean
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I think i know what your sayin....it just seems so tough to play for me, hopefully someone will post something with a video or something :)

Thanks Dude!

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • if you can find online Rock Im Park from Germany and download it its perfect to watch mike work the fretboard, my tip keep working on wrapping that thumb over on the low e string.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • I found a pretty good one to study!!!

It's Ledbetter from a Bridge School, but i'm not sure what year??

It looked like Jack on drums but i might be wrong cuz it was just a quick shot.

It's got Mike in a spotlight and Eddie in one too, but you never really see Stone or Jeff. Anyone know what year this is from???

.NJD.
  • El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i always thought there should be a mike cam like the matt cam showing him work the fretboard on the dvds
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    if you can find online Rock Im Park from Germany and download it its perfect to watch mike work the fretboard, my tip keep working on wrapping that thumb over on the low e string.
    best advice for ledbetter. it pissed me off for ages but i got it. i love the solo too.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • I found a pretty good one to study!!!

It's Ledbetter from a Bridge School, but i'm not sure what year??

It looked like Jack on drums but i might be wrong cuz it was just a quick shot.

It's got Mike in a spotlight and Eddie in one too, but you never really see Stone or Jeff. Anyone know what year this is from???

i think its 96

i may possibly be 99

its one of those 2
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • search for a program called "guitar pro" and then search filesharing networks for a big zip file of guitarpro tabs ...

it will play the files for you, i fukin' love that program ...

there is a very decent ledbetter tab on there that will show & play the song for you

you can change the temp,
    set up loops,
    set loops to speed up to tempo on increments each time it repeats
    and all kinds of cool crap ...

thats my wussy way of learning songs.
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • I have a backing track for ylb with just drum and bass, it helps alot. PM me and ill send it. I have a vid cam, im not proficient at ylb, but I have the progression down well enough. Maybe Ill try a "fretboard video".
    Right on dude!!!!!
  • We should start a website like the Dmbtabs.com site, I know I'd love to see it haha
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    there was a link posted to an interview with mccready in SA recently and he actually played ledbetter for those that wanted to learn how to play it. So you can search for that and watch him do it diong the interview.

Just learn the three bar chords at that position. All the finger work is based out of those three chord fingerings. Fairly simple once you get that.
  • 62strat wrote:
    there was a link posted to an interview with mccready in SA recently and he actually played ledbetter for those that wanted to learn how to play it. So you can search for that and watch him do it diong the interview.

Just learn the three bar chords at that position. All the finger work is based out of those three chord fingerings. Fairly simple once you get that.

Any idea how long ago '62?? Or where it is exactly !!

Thanks!!!!

.NJD.
  • yeah i'd love to see that interview as well
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    We should start a website like the Dmbtabs.com site, I know I'd love to see it haha

if that's the one w/ the videos of the dmb songs, we were thinking about doing that for a while on GTW.

i'd still like to get to that eventually but it'd take some time to set up. we were working on audio tabs for a while but kind of just gave up (i think we had Binaural ready to go).
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    Any idea how long ago '62?? Or where it is exactly !!

Thanks!!!!

I saw it a couple weeks ago on the South american tour...so it should still be readily available, i suggest asking on the porch. someone will have it for sure.