CryBaby 535Q off Ebay??

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Should I check it out, not just the Wah, but gear in general?

Has anyone bought gear off ebay, is it alright?

Here's an example actually that looked alright.

http://cgi.ebay.com/535Q-Dunlop-Crybaby-535Q_W0QQitemZ7378333625QQcategoryZ41422QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    i've bought some gear off of ebay and never had a problem other than not liking it as much as i thought i would <coughhjohnson'analog'echo/delaycough> and i've sold stuff on ebay w/o problems, in fact i sold a crybaby (different kind) to some college student in england (gave him free shipping, too).

a lot of my favorite gear i use came from ebay.

that's not to say it couldn't happen...that guy has a 100% feedback rating so, so far he hasn't ripped anyone off...i would always ask them questions, especially since i'm not able to see it and try it
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I bought some pedals on eBay, didn't have any problems, other than waiting for the person to ship it.
  • i think everybody here has baught some gear off of ebay

i baught an amp and 2 pedals, and didnt have a problem
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • I bought my amp, DD-5, and TU-2 off of ebay.

Haven't had any problems...just make sure you ask all the questions on your mind and check out the feedback ratings, etc...you'll be fine.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ive bought 3 guitars, 2 amps, 2 pedals, numerous strings, etc. off of ebay, and never had a problem.

all4