What Are The Guy's "Signature Instruments"??

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was reading the thread about Stone's guitar wear and I thought of this :)

What are the guy's signature Guitars/Bass

I would say this:

Mike = The Sunburst Strat (You know which one ;))

Stone = The weirdly chipped Redish Strat.

Ed = Hmmm......His Blue Sparkly Tele.

Jeff = His Orangey Fender with the big green sticker on it.

Those are mine :)

What about everyone else.....maybe Ed's Schetcher or Stone's Goldtop???
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I was reading the thread about Stone's guitar wear and I thought of this :)

What are the guy's signature Guitars/Bass

I would say this:

Mike = The Sunburst Strat (You know which one ;))

Stone = The weirdly chipped Redish Strat.

Ed = Hmmm......His Blue Sparkly Tele.

Jeff = His Orangey Fender with the big green sticker on it.

Those are mine :)

What about everyone else.....maybe Ed's Schetcher or Stone's Goldtop???

I think you hit the nail on the head right there.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I don't know about the stone one though.

This tour he hasn't been playing it as much as 03.

I would go with any LP for Stone.

For Ed, I don't know. He's beating the hell out of that guitar this tour...but for other tours I don't know. I would think his SG's or the PT just because of Pete. For the SG's I would say either the red Junior or the teal one. But I think it may be the PT model just because he used it during 98 and 00 and a little bit in 96.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • silverflowsilverflow Posts: 37
    I definitely see a LP when i think about Stone playing.

The worn sunburt Stratwith the rosewood fretboard for Mike.

And for some reason i see Ed with the all black Tele with maple fretboard.
  • senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    agreed....Ed = Black sparle tele
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Mike's sunburst Strat is a given.

Jeff, I'd say one of his fretless basses or his Modulus basses (including the orange "Wellstone" mentioned above).

Stone, has to be the #3 Les Paul or any of his older LP's.

I maintain that Ed's best tone was the teal SG, but the black Schecter PT is right up there.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • i see stone with the gold LP.

Eds is gotta be the schecter.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Mike's sunburst Strat is a given.

Jeff, I'd say one of his fretless basses or his Modulus basses (including the orange "Wellstone" mentioned above).

Stone, has to be the #3 Les Paul or any of his older LP's.

I maintain that Ed's best tone was the teal SG, but the black Schecter PT is right up there.

thanks!! i thought i was the only one who thought Ed's tone with the SGs were the best
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I don't know about signature, but when I think of PJ, I always think of Mike with the Strat, Stone with the Les Paul, and Ed just singing his heart out. Jeff and his Fender bass.