guitar amps?

edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I need a new amp and was looking at a behringer GMX212. http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHGMX212

just wondering if anyone knows how good this amp is for a beginner.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
state of love and trust
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pearljam7pearljam7 Posts: 447
    if i was you...id get a 59' fender deluxe
    you can order them here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1955-Fender-Tweed-Deluxe-5E3-w-cover-Amazing_W0QQitemZ7384629482QQcategoryZ38074QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

heheh

all jokes aside...i advise you to get a low wattage tube amp...so when you improve..the amp will still be good...rather than a beginer amp, which will lose its value to you later

smaller tube amps can go for like

high 200s to 300 hundred
    5/4/2006, 5/12/2006, 5/13/2006, 6/1/2006, 6/3/2006, 6/24/2008, 6/25/2008, 6/27/2008, 6/30/2008, 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 8/7/08
  • rather than a beginer amp, which will lose its value to you later.....

I Agree, try out the new Epiphone range of small tube amps
    i have the smallest one - the 5 watt little combo (Valve Junior). all it has is a volume knob.

its a great little amp and louder than you think it would be, get nice overdriven tones when you turn it up with humbuckers.
    cool for recording.
    there is another one up from this thats about 15 - 20 watts i think, has a few effects and such.
    http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=254&CollectionID=13
    http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=255&CollectionID=13

the Triggerman range more wattage and red vinyal
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • yeah the new epiphone amps are pretty nice, i tried one out yesterday

all depends on how much you want to spend
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • yeah, there prices are not to bad either for the Valve range, although later you may wanna swap out the tubes or speaker but i got mine for £119.00 which i thought was an absolute bargain.
    the Valve Special is the same with but with the DSP effects, then the Valve standard is 15 watts and the DSP with a few extra features. better than any valve emulating stuff and the prices are low enough for young players to get good tone, or a good introduction to the tube amp market.

Mine seems to be very solid built. its quite portable too. i was wondering what it would be like with a 2x12 or ev en 4 x12, the guy in the shop when i bought said he hooked it up 2 a 4x12 and it sung.
    alot of volume is in the cabs, not neccessarily the wattage.
    the only bitch is it has a 4 ohm load so i need to get a 4ohm cab if i wanna extend it a bit.
  • If you absolutely have to get a solid-state amp, look at the Peavey Bandit II amps. Loud, fairly light, sound good at lower volumes. I am always impressed with them when I play them, since I'm a true-blue tube fan.

That said, a small tube amp is a good way to go. Epiphone's new line, the little Fender Juniors, the Peavey Classic 20 (eBay only), or a silverface Fender Champ/VibroChamp (eBay again). Maybe even a little Traynor tube amp...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    If you absolutely have to get a solid-state amp, look at the Peavey Bandit II amps. Loud, fairly light, sound good at lower volumes. I am always impressed with them when I play them, since I'm a true-blue tube fan.

That said, a small tube amp is a good way to go. Epiphone's new line, the little Fender Juniors, the Peavey Classic 20 (eBay only), or a silverface Fender Champ/VibroChamp (eBay again). Maybe even a little Traynor tube amp...

the new Crate line is not bad either.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    the new Crate line is not bad either.

i think the V Series amps look pretty cool, quite a choice.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Peavy bandit *shudder*....say it ain't so Mig, say it ain't so
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see