Im Learning

HalesHales Posts: 13
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey guys, just learning to play guitar and love pearl jam!!! Anyone got suggestions for me on an easy PJ song to play??
LOVE MANY, TRUST FEW
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    Dont Gimme no lip (a Stone Gossard one, but PJ all the same)
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I've been taking lessons for about 3 months and since my upcoming week is going to be crazy I probably won't have time to practice anything serious, so I was debating bringing in Black for my lesson. How hard is the rhythm section on that? I looked at the tab on giventowail.com and the chords look simple enough.
  • HalesHales Posts: 13
    Arrrrrrr think I might need something a bit slower eh???
    LOVE MANY, TRUST FEW
    Try Last Kiss. It uses a simple oldies chord progression of G-Em-C-D.
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    moster78 wrote:
    I've been taking lessons for about 3 months and since my upcoming week is going to be crazy I probably won't have time to practice anything serious, so I was debating bringing in Black for my lesson. How hard is the rhythm section on that? I looked at the tab on giventowail.com and the chords look simple enough.

Black simplified:

Verses are E and A, ahem:

E..........................A
    Sheets of empty canvas, untouched
    E...........................A
    Sheets blah blahhhh

Chorus is C and Em
    .........C.....................................Em
    OOOOhh, and all i taught her was everything

then to finish off, D, to C to Em
    ....................D........................C...........................................Em
    And now my bitter hands shake beneath the clouds of what was everything

Peice of piss, good choice, enjoy.
  • Spook FishSpook Fish Posts: 241
    Hales wrote:
    Arrrrrrr think I might need something a bit slower eh???

try spin the black circle.

only kidding with ya, Black a good one as Squidge & Monster78 says.
    Dont take drugs and be a loser
    wear a pink shirt and go down the boozer
    Squidge wrote:
    Peice of piss, good choice, enjoy.

I know the chords are a breeze. I was more curious about the actual rhythm that goes along with it. From listening it doesn't sound too difficult and I know I'm definitely not at the level yet to start shredding a solo.
  • SquidgeSquidge Posts: 145
    moster78 wrote:
    I know the chords are a breeze. I was more curious about the actual rhythm that goes along with it. From listening it doesn't sound too difficult and I know I'm definitely not at the level yet to start shredding a solo.

if you're playing on your own, you probably don't even want a solo, luckily in black there isn't much of one and it appears right at the end. you could just end the song with a slowly strummed Em chord.

Cheezy, but a great way to finish a song.

Let us know how you do bro!
  • Try some stuff like i am mine and elderly woman before you start jumping into stuff thats too hard and will probably put you off playing guitar http://www.giventowail.com Thats a good site for tab. its a site dedicated to mike.
  • IF you want a rocker, play porch or GO (tune your E down to D). SAve You and evolution are pretty easy as well.
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you