standard fender and american fender

maddrummermaddrummer Posts: 93
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
okay i have a standard fender stratocaster, it sounds brilliant, especially through my 100w marshall amp. but im just wundering how much better an american strat would be! can anyone tell me?
Fuck The System
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TroyTroy Posts: 12
    I believe that the standard has ceramic pick-ups and that the American model does not.

Someone once said "the standard strat is made in Mexico my Mexicans. The American strat is made in America...by Mexicans"
  • FNYNKEZFNYNKEZ Posts: 75
    Better wood on the American, so you get more sustain and less noise
    I never really cared about you
    I never really got to thinking about you
  • Ho wmuch do you play? if yoru a casual player the standard is fine, for a more serious player the american has more to offer (varying, and not so definate features, but can be detected by a serious player) if you want more info, ask im the strat man

HM

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • i play every day, for ages. is that serious? cos if it is then the standard does me fine. thru my zoom g2 n marshall amp. would the american rele be that much better?
    Fuck The System
  • rigneyclanrigneyclan Posts: 289
    I've talked to someone who works at Fender about this. This is what he had to say:

"The main difference in mim/mia is quality control standards and hardware quality. then of course there are many models and levels of models from there. Sure in any plant you'll have some great ones, most 'good' ones, and some that just plain suck.... Think of it like gambling and look at your odds just in case you can't play it first.
    A great deal of product is done partly in the us and completed in mex."
    7/16/06 7/18/06
  • maddrummer wrote:
    okay i have a standard fender stratocaster, it sounds brilliant, especially through my 100w marshall amp. but im just wundering how much better an american strat would be! can anyone tell me?

thats really weird thats my exact same set up. well mines is a left handed fender strat. i played a american strat and it sounds better but i dunno the price difference i think doesnt cover it unless your going for a custom model.
  • i also play everyday and with none other than a american standard. its considerbly better. the neck is thinner than id like but its loaded with seymour duncans and its maintained with a re crown every so often. therefore a great playing strat. if you intonate it properly and get a good re crown and add some pickups your strat should play well and sound well. elixer strings make it easy to move around the neck and they last forever. try a re crown and you wont be sorry.
    Anthony